PNP top brass shows great logic [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PNP top brass shows great logic

edtf
05-15-2010, 17:38
NCRPO bats for permanent gun ban
By Non Alquitran (The Philippine Star) Updated May 16, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines – National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Director Roberto Rosales called yesterday for the gun ban to be extended beyond the election period.

“We here in the NCRPO are in favor of extending the implementation of the gun ban as it has already proven to be the cause for the downward trend of crime incidents in Metro Manila in the first quarter of the year,” Rosales said in an interview.

He said that compared to the same period in 2009, there was a significant drop in cases of robbery, car theft, murder, rape and physical injuries.

Rosales said robbery went down from 951 cases in 2009 to 702 this year or 35.4 percent; car theft from 152 cases to 129 or 18.1 percent; murder from 50 to 46 cases or 8.45 percent; physical injuries from 1,056 to 608 cases or 73.6 percent; and rape from 46 to 42 cases or 8.53 percent.

Rosales issued his reaction a day after Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Jesus Verzosa called for a second Gun Control Summit to address the proliferation of loose firearms and the possibility of extending the nationwide gun ban.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) implemented the gun ban starting Jan. 10 until June 9 in connection with the May 10 national and local elections.

PMMA97
05-15-2010, 18:07
Brown nose.

saki1611
05-15-2010, 20:06
:dunno:

MAJINKONG
05-15-2010, 20:50
ha ha ha ha ha!!!! ang mga nahuli ay mga pasaway na kabaro nila... bakit kaya nila pinagmamalaki ito????!

paltik454
05-15-2010, 22:19
ha ha ha ha ha!!!! ang mga nahuli ay mga pasaway na kabaro nila... bakit kaya nila pinagmamalaki ito????!

At...........ang mga pasaway na pulitiko.:upeyes:

wunder9
05-15-2010, 22:22
Idiots

wunder9
05-15-2010, 22:53
double post

saki1611
05-16-2010, 02:46
how i wish i can comment on this... i'm pro-gun brothers!

edtf
05-16-2010, 02:49
how i wish i can comment on this... i'm pro-gun brothers!

you guys have the right logic. I just don't know where the top brass gets theirs??? maybe straight from their ass

jlkwison
05-16-2010, 03:25
Really sad news. I was in mcs one time shooting using one of their range guns and I can't help think that I'm shooting a rent a gun while I have my own gun that I worked hard for to buy just laying in my apartment.

MAJINKONG
05-16-2010, 03:55
Pambihira... i'll just dig deep inside my home and create a range just to enjoy my "house" gun.

BrassKnuckle
05-16-2010, 08:25
Gen. Rosales was just citing 1st Quarter figures. Wala pa dun yung killings immediately before, during, and after the elections. I wonder what the numbers look like now...

The PNP is also saying that the last elections were relatively peaceful, but I'd say that's more because of the automation than the gun ban. With no ballot boxes to snatch and no canvassers to intimidate, the gunmen had very little to do.

Then again, despite the gun ban, the PNP was not able to control the proliferation of private armies in Abra and parts of Mindanao.

It was the Comelec and not the PNP that made the last elections relatively peaceful. I do hope they call another firearms summit so we can say that to their faces. That is if they still invite ProGun to participate. We know they're still sore over the way we defeated the firearm bill they proposed...

choi_tan2000
05-16-2010, 08:52
again,

it is not the gun ban that deters crime, it is how they implement it from the checkpoint and serious or pursuing the cases againt's the violators hindi puro areglo, so peaceful responsible gun owners will continue to be abiding.

sandman_sy
05-16-2010, 11:01
Calling our newly Re-elected PRO GUNS Senators... if mag.extend ng gunban... mag.full auto ako sa bahay namin :) hahahahah....

horge
05-16-2010, 20:55
Hindi gun-ban ang sagot sa krimen.
Laban ni Pacquiao, for ZERO crime.

De Angelo
05-16-2010, 21:29
Crime-ban kaya subukan nila o baka too much work ito for these Hard working Police men..

Dapat isabay na mawala si Bigote at boyzie sa amo nilang si Gloria

glock4ever!
05-16-2010, 23:52
What's next after an extension of gun ban? Gun confiscation? And when gun confiscation comes, mga politicians lang, with their body guards and private armies, can own guns and be able to protect themselves. How about we ordinary citizens? I will never give up my Glock. And I will even add a Sig pistol in my collection. I hope our senators and congressmen will support ordinary law abiding citizens' privilage to own handguns for recreation and self protection.

mtho
05-17-2010, 00:27
why is it that politicians are allowed to keep their guns? are they better than us? what are they doing special? diba public service nga sila? bakit yung public ang nagsesrvice sa kanila? our tax money goes to pay people to protect them. it seems they get it trouble on their own doing and we shoulder the expense to protect them. di naman sila hari o dios diba puclic servant yung inapplyan nila nung campaign

Clusterbomb
05-17-2010, 00:39
Ay sus! When i saw the title of this thead, I said pa naman, "Well, just for once, mukhang ginamit nila utak nila."

Hind pala, mwa-ha-ha!! Yun kayang mga private army ng mga pulitikong bulok at pulpol ang disarmahan nila. Sa Mindanao, harap-harapan ang pagbitbit dun ng high-powered FA, pero wala silang magawa.

glock4ever!
05-17-2010, 00:58
Gen. Rosales was just citing 1st Quarter figures. Wala pa dun yung killings immediately before, during, and after the elections. I wonder what the numbers look like now...

The PNP is also saying that the last elections were relatively peaceful, but I'd say that's more because of the automation than the gun ban. With no ballot boxes to snatch and no canvassers to intimidate, the gunmen had very little to do.

Then again, despite the gun ban, the PNP was not able to control the proliferation of private armies in Abra and parts of Mindanao.

It was the Comelec and not the PNP that made the last elections relatively peaceful. I do hope they call another firearms summit so we can say that to their faces. That is if they still invite ProGun to participate. We know they're still sore over the way we defeated the firearm bill they proposed...

I think it was not the gun ban the reduced the gun-related crimes during the election period. I think and i believe it was the numerous check points set up by the PNP. And I think dapat hindi extention ng gun ban, kundi extention ng kanilang setting up of check points. Kasi majority ng gun related crimes are perpetrated with the use of unlisenced firearms.

edtf
05-17-2010, 01:48
You know what I find so insulting here. They are pinning crime on legal owners and PTC users. What the...... How many crimes are committed with legal firearms and how many are committed with unlicensed and unauthorized people????

Show me a bad guy who would go to the process of renewing every year their PTC and every 2 years their lic to possess????

Idiots!

jimbullet
05-17-2010, 02:17
Typical.....Its about time that law abiding citizens are protected by a lobbyist organisation similar to the NRA. I hope that those who won during the recent elections are not anti legal ownership of guns

PMMA97
05-17-2010, 03:21
Mabuti pa ang IANSA kahit papano nagiisip ng palusot nila on banning civilians in carrying firearms.

"Ban on civilians carrying firearms

In a positive attempt to address gun crime and to tackle the culture of publicly carrying and displaying weapons, in January 2003, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo issued a directive for a total ban on civilians carrying firearms outside their homes.
Philippine society suffers from a high level of incidental violent gun crime, often arising from, for instance, minor traffic altercations. In this light, the directive was widely praised by media and the public alike. This move initially revoked the standard procedure of issuing a Permit to Carry Firearms outside of Residence (PTCFOR) to civilians"

edtf
05-17-2010, 05:06
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/191155/pnp-chief-verzosa-to-quit-post-when-new-president-takes-office

PNP chief Verzosa to quit post when new president takes office
| More
Share4
National police chief Director General Jesus Verzosa is set to tender his resignation upon the assumption to office of a new Philippine president.

“I will file my courtesy resignation after the new president took his oath of office," said Verzosa in an interview Monday regarding his plan with the new administration.

The head of the Philippine National Police (PNP) does not normally resign upon the assumption of a new president, but Versoza said he is doing this to give the next leader the opportunity to appoint a new police chief.

“It is not a mandatory act for the PNP chief to resign when there is a new president, it is my own decision to give the new president the opportunity to appoint a new PNP chief of his own choice," he said.

“Remember that the President is the commander-in-chief of both the police and the military, so he (new president) must be given the chance to work with someone in the PNP organization whom he is confident of," he added.

As of Monday afternoon, Sen. Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III was still leading in the presidential race based on unofficial tallies of votes cast last May 10.

Verzosa, a member of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) class of 1976, is set to retire on December 25 this year when he reaches the mandatory retirement age of 56. He was appointed PNP chief when Avelino Razon bowed out of service in September 2008.

Verzosa expressed confidence that the next president would be supportive of the PNP, particularly the Integrated Transformation Program (ITP) that he initiated to change the negative image of the police force. - KBK, GMANews.TV

Allegra
05-17-2010, 05:31
I'm curious , alin kaya mas madami sa Pilipinas, pro gun o anti gun?
Our gun rights will be protected kung may popular clamor for it
Politico puro sumasabay lang naman sa ihip ng hangin

edtf
05-17-2010, 06:05
Guys I just got some reliable info that the gun ban would be extended - indefinitely..... hopefully just a month :crying: :steamed:

BrassKnuckle
05-17-2010, 06:25

Marami ang pro gun dito sa Pilipinas but unfortunately, they want everyone else to be disarmed para lamang sila.

BrassKnuckle
05-17-2010, 06:27
Guys I just got some reliable info that the gun ban would be extended - indefinitely..... hopefully just a month :crying: :steamed:

A one-month extension is probably long enough for them to think of another excuse for extending it even further...

glock4ever!
05-17-2010, 06:50

If it is indefinitely, it may mean months or years. Let's us all see if crime rate will go down with an extended gun ban.

PMMA97
05-17-2010, 08:19
Our gun rights will be protected kung may popular clamor for it
Politico puro sumasabay lang naman sa ihip ng hangin

Mas madaming anti gun kasi mas madaming mahirap na hindi makabili ng baril.

PERO kung lahat ay may pambili ng baril malamang na mas dadami ang pro gun.

Nakakatakot na scenario din yun.

Nahawa na yata ako sa pagka rich mo:supergrin:

batangueno
05-17-2010, 08:36
Nakakawalang gana naman umuwi. :sigh:

Pera-pera lang siguro yan. Once they realize how much they earn thru the local gun industry/market , mahuhulasan din sila.

horge
05-17-2010, 19:19
Mabuti pa ang IANSA kahit papano nagiisip ng palusot nila on banning civilians in carrying firearms.

Regardless, Philip Alpers can eat my crap and drink my piss.

horge
05-17-2010, 19:39
Pera-pera lang siguro yan. Once they realize how much they earn thru the local gun industry/market , mahuhulasan din sila.

Oh, they realize it, Paul.
Gun registration/licensing here is a joke as a crimefighting tool.
Let's say the criminal is stupid enough to use a registered gun.
Palitan niya lang ang barrel before the crime, vale wala na ang
PNP ballistics database. Paano pa kung escopeta ang ginamit?

Crimefighting? LMAO...
The key thing registration/licensing is effective at is generating
revenue; and by making it harder to carry a gun, the PNP is
potentially increasing off-the-book PTCFOR revenue, kasi C-PNP
discretion, when it comes to exemptions/approvals, remains the
potentially-lucrative rule.

We'll never lose our guns outright, but they're going to keep on
squeezing those of us honest enough to register/license our
guns, tighter and tighter, every year. It's too much work to go
after unregistered firearms aggressively, ba?

It's a lot like our country's tax revenue: rather than broaden the
tax base, government takes the lazy way and squeezes those
few registered (less than 4 million, including corporations, in a
country of perhaps 80 million) tighter and tighter, with more and
higher taxes (which in turn discourages new tax registrants --
kasi cheaper and far less hassle to operate colorum businesses).

h.

edtf
05-17-2010, 20:33
Oh, they realize it, Paul.
Gun registration/licensing here is a joke as a crimefighting tool.
Let's say the criminal is stupid enough to use a registered gun.
PNP ballistics database. Paano pa kung escopeta ang ginamit?

Crimefighting? LMAO...
The key thing registration/licensing is effective at is generating
revenue; and by making it harder to carry a gun, the PNP is
potentially increasing off-the-book PTCFOR revenue, kasi C-PNP
discretion, when it comes to exemptions/approvals, remains the
potentially-lucrative rule.

We'll never lose our guns outright, but they're going to keep on
squeezing those of us honest enough to register/license our
guns, tighter and tighter, every year. It's too much work to go
after unregistered firearms aggressively, ba?

It's a lot like our country's tax revenue: rather than broaden the
tax base, government takes the lazy way and squeezes those
few registered (less than 4 million, including corporations, in a
country of perhaps 80 million) tighter and tighter, with more and
higher taxes (which in turn discourages new tax registrants --
kasi cheaper and far less hassle to operate colorum businesses).

h.

Horge, You just made me feel misarable :crying: You are sooo correct

horge
05-17-2010, 21:37
Horge, You just made me feel misarable :crying: You are sooo correct

How much of our wealth is consumed by debt interest payments?
A sane administration with even an iota of patriotism would try
to begin solving the problem, by broadening the tax base, and by
trimming fat from government programs and rolls.

But no... it's easier to borrow even more money to pay off due
interest (thereby increasing total debt), and pass the enlarged
problem onto the next administration. It's what Cory, Ramos,
Erap and the Hobbit all did.

But hey... we elect the governments we richly deserve.
We elected Noynoy, so we can't act surprised over more of the
same shortsightedness, showmanship and stealing.

h.

mtho
05-17-2010, 22:45
so we get what we deserve, sometimes its better that we take the full effect of our doing. so that next time a decision to choose a leader comes along we'll make better choices and learn from our mistakes

jasonub
05-18-2010, 00:30
some pinoys dont learn from their mistakes. if noynoy did not run eraps baaaackkk! hehehe

jimbullet
05-18-2010, 02:05
Mas madaming anti gun kasi mas madaming mahirap na hindi makabili ng baril.

PERO kung lahat ay may pambili ng baril malamang na mas dadami ang pro gun.

Nakakatakot na scenario din yun.

Nahawa na yata ako sa pagka rich mo:supergrin:

In addition, years ago when the gunless society was all new, they had even school children sign a petition to ban guns. What does that tell you? They are wanting to show force by showing a huge number of supporters, but I dont believe that those who sort of joined the ban wagon had actually understood why they were signing it....

I wouldnt be surprised if the situation has not changed. They say they represent majority of the people....

horge
05-18-2010, 03:15
some pinoys dont learn from their mistakes. if noynoy did not run eraps baaaackkk! hehehe

It's just so sad, no?
:faint:

glock4ever!
05-18-2010, 23:32
Shootout between police and armed robbers.
Just got this from abs-cbn website. Let us see if the extention of gun ban will deter criminals from using unlicensed guns in the commision of crimes.

MANILA, Philippines - Police killed 2 members of a notorious hold-up gang during a shootout in Manila, Wednesday morning.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Superintendent James Apalla, Manila Police District Station 3 chief, identified one of the 2 fatalities as Marvin Palayaban.<o:p></o:p>
Apalla said the other slain suspect expired while being treated at the Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center.<o:p></o:p>
He said police encountered the 2 suspects and 5 other armed robbers after a jeepney heist at the corner of T. Mapua and Laguna streets in Blumentritt around 6 a.m.<o:p></o:p>
He said the jeepney robbers were already collecting the personal belongings of the passengers when they were chanced upon by the police.<o:p></o:p>
The police station chief said the robbers fired at the police, sparking a gunbattle.<o:p></o:p>
He said he had alerted police community precincts around the Blumentritt and Sta. Cruz area because of the series of heists carried out by the group in the past few weeks.<o:p></o:p>
Manhunt operations have been launched for the arrest of the 5 other gangmates of the slain suspects. -- Report from Niko Baua, ABS-CBN News<o:p></o:p>

atmarcella
05-18-2010, 23:49
stealing.

h, you think there will be widespread corruption in his administration? but i thought this is the change that he will bring... i mean no more zte etc... small time cguro, pero yung super big time... you think meron din?

agree. marami na naman johnny walker blue ma consumo sa palasyo.

PMMA97
05-19-2010, 05:14
PNP ballistics database.

Breach face?:supergrin:

domsky
05-19-2010, 05:17
Nonoy is one of the glock shooters...this one of his hobby...hopefully he will not approve the gun ban extension.....forever.....The responsible gun owner will lost their faith in the PNP..guys...if this is extended ..the bad guys are very thankful to PNP general who wants to extend the gun ban....Barangay election is also coming..kaya gun ban na naman....

sandman_sy
05-19-2010, 07:10
if they implement total gun ban.. dapat pati government, police and all.. lets see if they like that... being helpless and all for the bad elements :P

glock4ever!
05-19-2010, 07:24
Breach face?:supergrin:

ang Glock ko ay may extra original barell at slide..

Allegra
05-19-2010, 08:30
How much of our wealth is consumed by debt interest payments?
A sane administration with even an iota of patriotism would try
to begin solving the problem, by broadening the tax base, and by
trimming fat from government programs and rolls.

But no... it's easier to borrow even more money to pay off due
interest (thereby increasing total debt), and pass the enlarged
problem onto the next administration. It's what Cory, Ramos,
Erap and the Hobbit all did.

But hey... we elect the governments we richly deserve.
We elected Noynoy, so we can't act surprised over more of the
same shortsightedness, showmanship and stealing.

h.

Dont worry fafa , you may still get your wish :)
And you'll have to thank Binay for it
Kung nanalo si Mar , he will be eying the presidency next
Kaso olats
Well , Noynoy is open to hiring his brilliant cousin Gibo sa cabinet
It's now Gibo's time to shine , minus the baggage of being GMa's boy
If magpapasikat si Gibo this term , he can be the next pres
Unless the LP origs try and sabotage him