USPSA or IDPA 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : USPSA or IDPA 9mm

JoeInKS
05-15-2010, 19:55
Looking at getting an H&K to add to the collection. Thinking that I'd like to try something new in league shooting. Trying to get familiar with what is available and after having compared what models I found on the HK USA site to what i've been reading about versions, triggers, etc., I am at a loss as to what would adequately address a pistol for this purpose.

Is the P30L a good choice? If so, is there a particular version or trigger action that I need to make sure is purchased? Would the USP be better?

Thanks folks for your patience with my questions.

majette
05-16-2010, 10:03
the p30L is fine, as is the usp. the p30L is more ergonomic and sits lower in the hand. the only trigger available with the p30L is traditional da/sa, usp and p30 have lem variants available. i shoot the 9mm p30 and usp in idpa and both of mine have the lem trigger. once you learn the system it is great but not available in the p30L. traditional da/sa is fine in the p30L and if the trigger is not to your liking you can send the frame to bill springfield (http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html) for his 60.00 trigger job that people on hkpro rave about. also head on over to hkpro.com and check the site out. lots of good information. either p30L or usp will serve you well, main difference is the p30L has a fully customizable grip and picatinny rail while the usp does not.