Thigh Holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thigh Holster?

WWJGD
05-16-2010, 09:15
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever used a thigh holster.

I usually carry my G19 in a cross-body purse, but I need another option for when I can't keep my purse on me at all times. I occasionally carry a .38 snub IWB but need an option for when I'm wearing a dress.

Anyone tried thigh or leg holsters? Any recommendations?

WWJGD
05-17-2010, 23:18
I'm going to post this in another forum, but my issue is mainly that I would like to be able to carry while wearing a long dress. I am a performing musician, so I wear floor-length formals on a semi-regular basis. How the heck do you carry concealed in a strapless ballgown?

I've seen thigh holsters (yes, other than in the movies), but it just seems impractical and uncomfortable. Of course, better uncomfortable than unarmed, especially when walking to and from a vehicle alone at night in downtown Houston.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Linda
05-18-2010, 14:38
Long dress=ankle holster. Although I'm not a fan of an ankle holster as everyday carry, (it puts you in a very vulnerable position to retrieve your gun), I could definitely see the benefits of it for long dress wear.

WWJGD
05-18-2010, 19:09
Yeah, I will have to try out some leg options. I agree that it's not ideal, but may be the best solution for formal situations.

ViperR
05-19-2010, 06:39
Go to the RimFire forum here and get to the "rimfire home defence" thread. Post #377 is what I explained my wife wears.

ViperR
05-19-2010, 14:50
BTW, My wife read your post and suggested this: A thigh holster might not be practical for you because you'll have alot of skirt to hike up to get to your G19. An ankle will sit too low and might be noticeable, especially with a bulky G19. She said to get an ankle holster made for a mans thick ankle, wrap it below the knee and above the area where your calf starts to widen. Won't ride up or slip down and will have plenty of supprt for your pistol. You won't need to reach too high for your Glock.
She would try this, but she rarely sports a dress lower than mid thigh. We don't do much formal.

WWJGD
05-19-2010, 20:16
Yeah, I had considered that recently, too. Just below the knee might be the best placement.

ViperR
05-22-2010, 19:03
For you WWJGD: Made a below knee holster for her S&W revolver that won't slide below the calf and will hide and make a good draw. Pics included. Easy to make!

WWJGD
05-22-2010, 20:36
For you WWJGD: Made a below knee holster for her S&W revolver that won't slide below the calf and will hide and make a good draw. Pics included. Easy to make!

Yeah, that looks like a great solution!