SD instead of guns? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SD instead of guns?

goodguyswear9
05-16-2010, 19:29
What do you tell people that say citizens shouldn't have guns because they can take self defense classes?

Mas Ayoob
05-17-2010, 06:31
I tell them that there is no martial art that stops bullets, and no handgun disarm that works at 20 feet. I remind them that such great martial artists as Soke Takayuki Kubota, world champ Bill Wallace, world champ Graciela Casillas, Chuck Norris, and a great many more have seen fit to put the defensive handgun in their own personal repertoire of self-defense options. Moreover, such noted martial arts instructors as Dr. Maung Ghee (Burmese Bando) and Jeff Hall (Hojutsu) have integrated live fire training into their hand to hand martial arts curricula.

Good luck arguing with clueless anti-gunners, bro. It can be more frustrating than talking to a wall, because at least the wall won't give you stupid arguments. Hope the above is of some help to you.

best,
Mas

goodguyswear9
05-17-2010, 13:09
Thank you for your quick reply, sir. This kind of goes along with the argument that it's possible to disarm all criminals with Nazi style gun control so then self defense is all that's required. That is the other argument they like to use on me. One of the main questions they can never answer is when I ask if a criminal just pauses while you call the police. They look so confused like of course that's what happen, silly.