G20 and G29 custom slide plates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G20 and G29 custom slide plates

aggiekcc
05-16-2010, 20:53
Just finshed adding the extended controls to my 10mm Glocks. I also added some of the Lone Wolf Custom Slide plates. I know everyone doesn't like them but I'm not everyone! Let me know what you guys think.....good, bad or indifferent.

Jacob341
05-17-2010, 10:07
I really like the punisher one. What did they run you?

HOV
05-17-2010, 10:18
You asked for opinions, so here's mine:

Bad.

Some may consider this ironic considering I'm a huge gun nut, but I'm not crazy about fantasy violence involving firearms. No toy guns for my kids.

I'm really not keen on the idea of marking real guns with logos or designs associated with fantasy violence. Violence and fantasy violence are worlds apart; I can't imagine how mixing them up would be a good idea.

aggiekcc
05-17-2010, 23:02
Jacob341, I think they were around 30-35 shipped from Lone Wolf. The punisher skull logo was a standard plate but the Metallica ninja star was a pic I sent in. It took about 6-8 weeks to finally arrive.

HOV, As far as the violence comment, I actually got the skull logo because I built my own Spikes Tactical upper and lower custom AR-15. The skull is one that Spikes uses for their products and I think their products are outstanding. The ninja star is because I have been a Met fan club member for almost 20 years and seen them multiple times. They are my favorite band.

So, I am not putting the slide plates on my Glocks for an endorsement of violence......it is because the symbols have a meaning to me. Like I said, good, bad or indiferent, I like them because they personally mean something to me and I wanted to put them on my favorite handguns.....Glocks of course.

By the way, my son doesn't have toy guns. He has his own .22-250, .22 single shot and a .177 pellet gun. I take him to the range with me and he shoots my 9mm. He knows how to handle it if I am not home and he or my wife have trouble....no fantasy involved. I am also introducing him to reloading.

HOV
05-18-2010, 08:57
Spike's Tactical stole the Punisher logo?

Cool that you're teaching your son about firearms. I can't wait for my girl to be old enough to do that also. When did you start him off?

oldgraygeek
05-18-2010, 19:37
Do they offer them with a red hammer and sickle?
My wife is Russian... she might like that.

aggiekcc
05-18-2010, 22:08
HOV, Spikes didn't steal it but they use it on their t-shirts that I have quite a few of. Nice shirts and good for concealed carry since I wear allot of t-shirts. Spikes still has the spider for their offical logo and I have one of those in chrome that sticks on my pickup tailgate.

I started my son by letting him watch me and my brother and father shoot. I got him his first bb gun when he was 6 but he could only shoot it with me. then went up to pellet guns. He has since been on hog hunts and rabbit hunts with my brother and I broke him into the larger calibers by making sure he had really good ear protection (the kids are really scared by the noise more than anything when younger) and had him shoot .22 pitols and semi-auto carbines like the Beretta Storm to get used to the feel. He is now 12 and is still a little leary of the bigger pistols but getting there. I haven't let him shoot my G20 or G29 in 10mm because its hard enough to handle with my big hands but he is a really good shot with the rifles.

Glocked and Loaded
05-26-2010, 12:56
Do they offer them with a red hammer and sickle?
My wife is Russian... she might like that.

I was born in the USSR. That would be kinda cool.

Are the smooth faced plates easy to take off as the stock ones?
I would imagine with the smooth surface it would be slightly harder to get a good grip on it.

Angry Fist
05-26-2010, 13:01
I like them, OP. I think the Punisher one is a little passe, but the Metallica one is awesome! I got a Moron Lube plate for mine, but am thinking of another....

aggiekcc
06-02-2010, 16:49
As far as the hammer and sickle goes, I am sure they can do it if you get them a quality image of it. I haven't looked but they may have one already. I just sent in the Metallica image and they did the rest. About 6 weeks later it came in. Really easy to install.

afweinie
07-27-2010, 18:01
One of the Zombies would go nice on my 17

afweinie
07-27-2010, 18:02
They look like aluminum. Are they one size fits all?

Hogpauls
07-28-2010, 08:51
While they are kinda cool to look at in a picture, I was wondering do they distract your sight picture when shooting?

Angry Fist
07-28-2010, 20:06
While they are kinda cool to look at in a picture, I was wondering do they distract your sight picture when shooting?
Not if you are looking down your sights. I never notice it...

Hogpauls
07-29-2010, 09:04
Thanks 10, it was extremely hard to read your post through my fuzzy eyes and sudden, uncontrollable jerking and convulsing. Don't know what came over me.

vanilla_gorilla
07-30-2010, 15:16
I'm thinking that one with a spartan helmet might be cool.

ronin.45
07-30-2010, 18:44
Lookin' good!
I wouldn't necessarily pick either of those images but I'm all for personalizing a gun.

Drundel
11-20-2010, 15:54
Very cool man. I think the BioHazard one on my G20SF will look sharp.

YellowTT
11-24-2010, 17:54
nice, i have the punisher slide plate on my G20 but lookig to add the punisher mag plate as well.