Electronic Calls [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Calls

vafish
05-17-2010, 10:50
Any of you using them for predator calling?

What do you got?

How do they work?

This past Friday night I used the instructions on Varmint Al's web page to build an electronic caller. Quite impressed with the sound, won't get a chance to test it until the weekend.

I'd post pictures, but since I used the same parts list as Al mine looks identical to his, well except for the MP3 player, I had an old one laying around.

http://www.varmintal.com/coy5-20.htm

I downloaded Al's MP3's and found some others on the web.

I did use it to wake up my daughter Saturday morning. Nothing like the waking up to the sound of a dying rabbit on full volume. It drove the dogs nuts. They were stuffing their noses inside the speaker horn trying to figure out what was making the noise.

bamarammin87
05-18-2010, 09:44
I use a johnny stewart preymaster, came with 3 cards, and you can buy many more, for pigs or crows or whatever you want to hunt. I absolutely love mine. It can play 2 sounds at once, and can be very loud or quiet. I have a ten foot and a fifty foot cable, but now, for 100 dollars more, you can buy a wireless version. They work excellent. That's very kool you made your own. Make sure u get a bird call too, bobcats love that one. Coyotes come nearly every time I use it, as long as we are doing our part, wind, camo, movement, etc.

hagar
05-18-2010, 12:07
Put it about 30 yards away from you at 2 o'clock. Don't play it too loud, if you can hear it from 100 yards away, it is too loud. A coyote will hear that at a mile. Unless you have a remote, it should have about a minute of silence before it starts, so you can set it up and get settled. Sit still and observe, most coyotes will come in between 6 and 12 minutes.

vafish
05-19-2010, 07:06
Put it about 30 yards away from you at 2 o'clock. Don't play it too loud, if you can hear it from 100 yards away, it is too loud. A coyote will hear that at a mile. Unless you have a remote, it should have about a minute of silence before it starts, so you can set it up and get settled. Sit still and observe, most coyotes will come in between 6 and 12 minutes.

Thanks for the advice. I would have played it as loud as I could without distortion.

On Varmint Al's web site he as some call sequences that have 2 mins of silence to begin with so you can start the caller and move away to your blind.

jhayesvw
06-09-2010, 21:15
Im supposed to be going coyote hunting for my first time this saturday and sunday. My buddy has both a mouth call and an electronic call.
he is pretty new to this stuff too, only a few months, but has already gotten one or 2.

i will post up what i find out over this weekend.

jhayesvw
06-19-2010, 14:23
well,
i went out hunting for my first time that sunday and monday.

we say 1 coyote on our way out on Monday, we quickly pulled over and tried calling it. no luck.
got a jackrabbit though. LOL

i just ordered the speaker to make that same electronic caller. i actually had the amp and wiring already. im using my ipod for the sound.

i hope it turns out well and that i get some coyote soon.