GSG-5 reliablity [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSG-5 reliablity

gunsgunsgunsgun
05-18-2010, 16:10
My GSG-5 has been acting up with light primer strikes and FTF. I was wondering what I could do to it to make it function right again. I have cleaned it which seemed to help but the light primer strikes continued. Does ATI have a warranty on the rifle? Is there a common spring that needs replacing? Also any tips on making the tear down process easier would be appreciated.
FYI the rifle was bought used so the round count is unknown.

GlockPride
05-18-2010, 21:15
Yes, ATI has a warranty. I bought mine used and sent it back you have to have an RNA and pay shipping to them, but they pay it coming back. Mine had an older style extractor that they replaced at no charge.
Also, mine has been a blast and a frustration. When running right all is well in the world. When not, it's a pain. I did a trigger job a few weeks ago-LOVE it! I lightened some springs and polished some surfaces. I reduced almost all travel and it now breaks clean and crisp with virtually zero overtavel. My, oh my, what a difference.
Now my factory stock is cracked in a hundred different cracks. So I'm searching for a nice sturdy folder.
Also, with the light primer strikes have you tried to clean the channel. Also, there is a website out there where you can find info on how to modify and sharpen your pinfor better resluts. I have not done it though.

cyphertext
05-23-2010, 03:43
I shot one of these at the range today. The guys in the next lane had one and let my son and I take it for a spin. Fun little rifle, but this one seemed to be picky. It did not like hollow points we had at all, and it still jammed a couple of times with the ammo those guys had.

We had the Remington golden bullets and my Ruger 10/22 doesn't like this particular box either, so it may be the ammo. However, my sons M&P 15-22 ran them fine.

dieseldoc
05-24-2010, 20:52
Mine pretty much eats anything..... though I try to stay with CCI mini mags though.