automatic slide drop when inserting magazine? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : automatic slide drop when inserting magazine?

BP7
05-21-2010, 06:25
hey guys-n-girls!

first post, first glock. buying a G22 as soon as my license papers come in. heard that the S&W MP-series pistols have this automatic slide drop feature when a new mag is inserted. is there a way to get the same thing on my soon-to-be-here G22?

thx!

JR
05-21-2010, 20:58
The auto slide drop may or may not be a good thing. It all depends if that is what you want it to do. Your Glock is not designed to automatically drop the slide when a loaded magazine is fully seated. The original method GI intended you to use is called the sling shot. Once the mag is inserted you would pull the slide rearward and let it go (kinda like a sling shot hence the name).

BP7
05-22-2010, 06:10
i'm getting into IDPA and this will be my main gun for IDPA and normal range time (and a bit of IPSC but that's a secondary use). so yeah i'd LIKE for it to do that, and i'll have to check w/ my local org to see how legal that would be

JR
05-23-2010, 21:13
Pick up an extended slide stop here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=544&TERM=glo-7496 This dandy little unit is easy to hit with your thumb and drops the slide as fast as any "automatic" out there.... AND, you keep all the control.... Use it or don’t.... Its your call. Manual is better in this situation.