Here it is - plans for total gun ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Here it is - plans for total gun ban

edtf
05-21-2010, 19:46
Guys, I just picked this up and I will be spreading this around.

The PNP wants to extend the Comelec gun ban & implement a permanent total gun ban. Are you for this or would you like to try to request for you to continue having your right to be able to protect yourself & your loved ones? If so, pls join us in a casual meeting on Tues, 25 May 2010, 3:00pm at Club Filipino. We have to meet asap as the PNP is planning a Firearm Summit on June 2 wherein they are expected to set the mechanics for a permanent total gun ban.

De Angelo
05-21-2010, 21:22
GAGAWA na naman ng pera ang Crame..

Black_SIR
05-21-2010, 23:58
:wow::wow::wow::wow: please dont .... unless they assure a 100% crime free country..:steamed:

glock4ever!
05-22-2010, 02:53
I'm a pro-gun and would like to support our rights to own handguns for recreation and for self defense. I hope I could attend, but I am outside the Philippines right now. I hope others would be able to attend though. I'm againts any measure to ban handguns to those law abiding citizens in the Philippines. Sana it will never happen.

st. matthew
05-22-2010, 06:51
o bogs action na :cool:

saki1611
05-22-2010, 12:36
i'm a pro-gun, i support whatever is best for the citizenry in defending their lives and properties through their own means for as long as it is in accordance with the law. but sad to say, gun ownership in the Philippines is not a "right", it's just a privilege that is subject to some conditions.

batangueno
05-22-2010, 12:56
Thanks to those attending the meeting and helping in any way that the total gun ban never happens. Good luck.

PMMA97
05-22-2010, 17:49
Dapat isama si Noynoy sa usap na yan.

MERCMADE
05-23-2010, 00:22

thats a good idea

edtf
05-23-2010, 15:28
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=577921&publicationSubCategoryId=65

PNP to hold summit on extended gun ban
By Cecille Suerte Felipe (The Philippine Star) Updated May 24, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to hold the 2nd National Gun Control Summit before the end of the month to discuss whether or not to extend the nationwide gun ban, which will expire on June 9.

PNP chief Director General Jesus Verzosa said the summit was also meant to find out the sentiment and concerns of the different sectors of society on gun control.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) imposed the nationwide gun ban from Jan. 10 to June 9 in connection with the May 10 national and local elections. The Comelec and the PNP assessed that nationwide gun ban was one of the major factors for the most peaceful and orderly elections in the Philippine history.

“It will be one interesting topic. We will invite all of you, we may even use the summit in looking for effective measures in protecting yourself (other than carrying firearms),” Verzosa said.

Verzosa said representatives from gun owners’ groups, Gunless Society, firearms dealers, the National Bureau of Investigation, Armed Forces of the Philippines, and media organizations will be invited to the summit.

Earlier, Verzosa revealed plans of permanently suspending the issuance of permits to carry firearms outside of residence (PTCFOR) even after the election period because of the apparent success of the total gun ban in curbing crimes. “But we have to consult all the stakeholders,” he said.

The PNP held the first gun summit in May 2009, after which the PNP leadership recommended to President Arroyo to grant amnesty to holders of loose firearms.

The President ordered the PNP to implement the gun amnesty program from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, 2009 as the PNP estimated that there were about 1.1 million loose firearms nationwide. The PNP said 97 percent of loose firearms are used in committing crimes.

CatsMeow
05-23-2010, 18:52

I'd like to see that.

If ever there was a drop in crime, was it because of the gun ban per se? Or was it actually the enforcement of the same, i.e. checkpoints? What were the criminals afraid of, the gun ban itself, or the possibility that they would run into a checkpoint and get caught?

Allegra
05-23-2010, 19:02
I would guess it's the checkpoints and the news na walang areglo pag nahuli
In short ,strict enforcement of the law

Glock_19_9x19
05-23-2010, 20:01
Weak...

saki1611
05-23-2010, 21:10

I'd like to see that.

If ever there was a drop in crime... the possibility that they would run into a checkpoint and get caught?

I agree, it was not the gun ban that the crime rate dropped but because of its implementation that affected the criminals. The would be criminals would not mind the gunban, it's the least concern they have in mind. Why not change the gunban to "criminal ban" with the same intensity in implementing the gunban? Just my 2 cents...

De Angelo
05-23-2010, 21:22
Since when did Criminals use a PTCFOR?? kinda dumb..

Evan N. Payawal
05-23-2010, 23:39
Despite anything that the current PNP leadership intends to do in that summit, it will be up to the next president to determine CCW privileges.

I just hope si "President Apparent" is truly pro-LEGAL GUNS.

Black_SIR
05-23-2010, 23:40
ptcfor natin may bayad

ptcfor ng badguys libre...

:steamed::steamed:

z_e_n
05-24-2010, 02:54
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=577921&publicationSubCategoryId=65
.......The PNP said 97 percent of loose firearms are used in committing crimes.

alam pala nila saan nanggagaling yun problem..... mga genius talaga!

BrassKnuckle
05-24-2010, 06:22
Weather-weather lang yan... Ganyan din ang sinabi at ginawa ni Ping Lacson when he was Chief-PNP but his successors reverted to the old ways. Issuing PTC's not only makes sense, it also makes money for them.

Kabahan tayo when it's Congress and the Senate that starts talking about a ban... Other than that, it's just a matter of waiting for the present chief to retire. This one goes out in December.

De Angelo
05-24-2010, 08:00

Siyempre alam nila...baka may parating sa kanila mga yan..

edtf
05-24-2010, 08:24

Puwede para sa Ripley's believe it or not :wow:

glock4ever!
05-24-2010, 23:49
A total gun ban is not the answer to the high heinous crimes, such as murders and homicides, in the Philippines, as long as poverty, prohibited drugs, and other crime-producing factors are present in our country. Criminals will always armed themselves with unlicensed or stolen firearms, knives, and other deadly weapons to commit heinous crimes. A total gun ban will only deprived us gun owners and law-abiding citizens of our inherent right to protect ourselves and our love ones from criminals.

batangueno
05-25-2010, 09:36
Buti na lang si Noynoy ang presidente. :thumbsup:

http://progun.ph/content/president-noynoy-aquino-states-radio-he-against-gun-ban

President NoyNoy Aquino states on radio that he is against the gun ban
Posted May 21st, 2010 by fallujah
in

* Gun Ban
* President Aquino

President-elect Noynoy Aquino was just interviewed on radio earlier today. He categorically stated that he was against the gun ban extension. He further stated that the gun ban affects only legitimate gun owners and not criminals who do not respect the ban. He also cited the numerous people who were killed during the gun ban which proves that the gun ban does not work.

We support the President-elect for his pro-gun stand, which is an accord with reason and logic. PROGUN has always been against the imposition of any type of gun ban, and we are glad that we finally have a President who shares the same views.

We salute and support you Mr. President! It only proves that our votes and suport for your campaign were not fruitless. Mabuhay kayo Noynoy!

jojo_G19
05-26-2010, 07:34
i saw kanina sa news that noynoy will not accept the courtesy resignation of the CPNP. tsk tsk tsk, bad news..

jojo

ritchiemar22
05-28-2010, 04:36
hindi total gun ban,

dapat total police visibility

pipo
05-28-2010, 05:31
actually the local chief of police in my town said in a radio interview recently, that there was indeed a decrease in gun related crime rate in my town and province because, the people, knowing that there is a strict implementation of the gunban, would immediately report all who they see or suspect to be carry guns whether concealed or not to the local police for proper investigation. This resulted to lesser gun related incidence here daw. There was however no report whether those who were caught in violation were either licensed or not

akula
05-29-2010, 03:32
http://dateline.ph/?p=12350

Group pushes for unlimited right to own, bear guns
By Anthony Vargas
Posted on May. 29, 2010 at 1:16pm |

MANILA, Philippines – A group that bills itself as “total pro-gun” will push Congress for a law that will allow Filipinos of legal age to own and bear firearms regardless of caliber and quantity.

Perry Punla, president of the Gun Enthusiast Confederation of the Philippines, said there is a need for a law that would give people “the right, not just the privilege, to own a gun.”

“Ngayon kasi total gun ban pero walang total pro-gun (What we have right now is a total gun ban bnut there’s no total pro-gun),” Punla said in a phone interview.

Punla said their proposed law would make a license the only requirement to bear arms, unlike current regulations that require a permit to carry a weapon.

“Sa mga nagsasabi na nakakamatay ang baril, maling notion kasi ang nakakamatay yung tao na may hawak ng baril. Walang pinagkaiba ito sa driver ng sasakyan. Hindi naman yung sasakyan ang nakakamatay, kundi yung driver (To those who say guns kill, that is a wrong notion because what kills is the person holding a gun. This is no different from the driver of a vehicle. It isn’t the vehicle that kills, but the driver),” Punla said.

He said the 200,000-strong Philippine National Police (PNP) cannot protect 80 million Filipinos, thus law-abiding citizens must be given the right to protect themselves through the right to bear arms.

“Sinasabi ng PNP successful ang election dahil sa gun ban at sumunod naman kaming gun owners. Pero kung titignan mo records marami din naman ang namatay sa ambush. At loose firearms ang ginamit ditto (The PNP says the election was successful because of the gun ban and we gun owners did obey. But if you look at the records, there were many killed in ambushes. And loose firearms were used in these),” Punla said.

He said allowing citizens the right to bear arms would help address lawlessness.

And, under their proposed law, he said gun owners would remain “answerable in court if they use their guns, whether in offense or defense.”

“Sana ay hayaan muna kaming makatulong at kung maliit na ang number ng loose firearms dun na ulit pag-usapan ang gun ban. Kung meron sa aming gagamit ng baril sa hindi tamang paraan, yun ang mananagot sa korte hindi ang kapulisan (We wish they would allow us to help, and if the number of loose firearms has decreased, then we can talk again of a gun ban. If anyone of us uses a gun in the wrong way, he will be answerable to the courts, not the police),” he said.

Last Wednesday, PNP chief, Director Gen. Jesus Verzosa disclosed plans of extending the gun ban imposed during the election period to further curb violence.

“Actually it is not a total gun ban,” Verzosa said. “It’s gun control [where] some persons are still allowed to carry guns but under certain (conditions).”

The second National Firearms Control Summit will be held on June 4 to discuss the proposed the extension of the total election gun-ban.

goodtj
05-29-2010, 05:08
the statement above makes me want to splurge at Perry's gunstore

Valor1
05-29-2010, 09:55
it's about time.

PMMA97
05-29-2010, 15:33
opinion deleted

bikethief
05-30-2010, 03:09
Perry Punla rocks. If he were president, open carry tayo lahat!

Kaiser Soze
05-30-2010, 03:42
Perry Punla rocks. If he were president, open carry tayo lahat!

Yup. Open Carry Perry does ROCK.:thumbsup:

Wp.22
05-30-2010, 05:52
i had the chance to listen to the interview of mr. punla last saturday pinatamaan din nya ang pro-gun wala naman daw nagagawa hehehehe

MAJINKONG
05-30-2010, 06:26
i had the chance to listen to the interview of mr. punla last saturday pinatamaan din nya ang pro-gun wala naman daw nagagawa hehehehe

baka ibig niya sabihin... pwede na (call to arms) humingi ng help ang cop sa mga civi na ccw kapag may sitwasyon parang sa switzerland. :whistling:

Black_SIR
05-30-2010, 23:38
sana ma push tru ito

Wp.22
05-31-2010, 20:05
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100601-273244/House-member-to-file-bill-against-total-gun-ban

House member to file bill against total gun ban

Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 09:01:00 06/01/2010

Filed Under: Laws

MANILA, Philippines—A lawmaker has opposed a plan of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to extend the total gun ban coverage beyond the end of the election period, saying that he will introduce a bill that would ensure the right of individuals to carry firearms.

Nueva Ecija Representative Rodolfo Antonino said the PNP could not just opt to extend the gun ban after granting firearm licenses and permits to carry to gun owners.

The gun ban ends on June 9.

Antonino, chairman of the House committee on public order and safety, said there was no provision in the law barring Filipino citizens from carrying guns.

“If they don’t want the people to carry firearms, the PNP should be capable of providing security to victims of crimes,” he said.

Pro-gun advocate Perry Punla, president of Gun Enthusiasts Confederation of the Philippines, said in a statement that lawmakers should make sure that individuals had the right and not just the privilege to carry guns.
Gil Cabacungan

PMMA97
05-31-2010, 22:02
Mabuhay si Cong. Antonino!

brawnless
05-31-2010, 22:43
http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/editorial/view/20100601-273185/Tough-on-guns

Editorial
Tough on guns

First Posted 03:48:00 06/01/2010

Filed Under: Firearms, Legislation, Crime and Law and Justice, Statistics, Elections

The Philippine National Police recently disclosed a plan to extend the gun ban imposed during the election season to curb violence due to the unrestricted use of firearms. We would go further than that: We strongly propose the enforcement of a permanent gun ban of the type suggested by Nandy Pacheco of the Gunless Society.

These are the salient features of the gun policy proposed by Pacheco:

—Declare as contrary to public policy, public morals, public order, good customs and public interest the glorification of guns and the culture of violence in the movies, television, radio, print media, billboards, pro-gun stickers, etc.

—Make it a criminal offense for anyone to carry firearms in public unless the bearer is authorized, in uniform and on duty. This will put a stop to the issuance of “permits to carry firearms outside residence” except to authorized law enforcement officers in uniform and on duty. Violation of this rule should be penalized with a long prison term with no possibility of pardon or parole.

—Melt down all smuggled, illegal and confiscated guns for conversion figuratively into plowshares and literally into manhole covers and other useful things.

—Regulate the importation of firearms for private use.

Pacheco said the underlying principle of the proposed gun policy is that “you cannot control crime without controlling the criminal, and you cannot control the criminal without controlling the gun.”

He added: “The point of gun-control legislation is to make the harmless act of carrying a gun in public a criminal offense before such act turns into a violent one like murder, homicide, robbery, kidnapping, etc. It seeks to stop gun violence before it begins.”

Pacheco’s proposal makes a lot of sense, and we recommend it to the incoming president for adoption through an executive order, if that is legally possible, or, if not, for legislation by Congress. We believe that the enforcement of the proposed gun ban would help correct the culture of violence and lawlessness and pave the way to peace and law and order in our country.

Actually, what is being proposed is not a total gun ban but gun control, as explained by PNP Director-General Jesus Verzosa and Pacheco himself. Verzosa said some persons will still be allowed to carry guns but under strict controls and conditions.

The statistics in two past elections tell the story of the effectiveness of gun control. In 2003, the crime rate for index crimes per 100,000 population was 52.1 percent, whereas in 2004, an election year, the crime rate decreased by 1 percentage point to 51.1 percent. In 2006, the crime rate for index crimes was 47.8 percent whereas in 2007, an election year, it decreased by 6 percentage points to 41.8 percent. A Comelec gun ban is imposed during the election period. (Index crimes include crimes against persons such as murder, homicide, physical injury and rape and crimes against property such as robbery and theft.)

The PNP said that the last elections were “the most peaceful” compared to the 2004 and 2007 elections (although 18 persons were killed). Many of the election-related attacks took place in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, an area historically notorious for election violence and mayhem.

To be very effective, the proposed gun ban would have to be undertaken together with:

—An intensive campaign to dismantle about 170 private armies across the country, most of them in the restive ARMM.

—An intensified campaign against crime syndicates, including robbery gangs and kidnapping, car theft and drug smuggling syndicates.

—Increased police visibility, with more patrol cars cruising the streets and foot patrols pounding the pavements. Director Roberto Rosales of the National Capital Region Police Office attributed a 35 percent decrease in robberies, an 18 percent reduction in car theft incidents, a 74 percent decrease in physical injury cases and an 8 percent drop in murder and rape cases in the first three months of this year to the Comelec gun ban and increased police visibility program.

The challenge before the next administration, Congress and the PNP is to get tough on guns and to get serious about crime prevention.

glock4ever!
06-01-2010, 00:05
I think kailangan natin mga gun enthuasiasts ang majority support ng mga congressmen at senators kasi sila ang gumagawa ng batas. For a total gun ban or for our privelege to own guns to continue, naka depende to sa batas, and not what the PNP decides to do.

mikey177
06-01-2010, 09:20
http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/editorial/view/20100601-273185/Tough-on-guns

Editorial
Tough on guns

First Posted 03:48:00 06/01/2010

Filed Under: Firearms, Legislation, Crime and Law and Justice, Statistics, Elections

The Philippine National Police recently disclosed a plan to extend the gun ban imposed during the election season to curb violence due to the unrestricted use of firearms. We would go further than that: We strongly propose the enforcement of a permanent gun ban of the type suggested by Nandy Pacheco of the Gunless Society....

It is for this very reason that I stopped buying Inquirer a loooooong time ago :steamed:

CatsMeow
06-01-2010, 19:14
Ditto here. Stopped reading Inquirer a long time ago. They lack credibility.

jasonub
06-01-2010, 19:29
same here. nandy wants guns to be melted and turned into plowshares. then they can use it to bash each others heads in. hahahha!

JBJ16
06-01-2010, 20:00
Oh yeah! And those who does melt their weapons into plowshares are welcome to plow and toil under those who doesn't. :tongueout:

CatsMeow
06-02-2010, 18:33
O, the soon-to-be boss of Verzosa has spoken:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=580916&publicationSubCategoryId=63

No to total gun ban - Noynoy
By Aurea Calica (The Philippine Star) Updated June 03, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - President-apparent Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III said yesterday that he was not in favor of the imposition of a total gun ban in the country because it might not be the answer to the crime situation.

Aquino, a gun enthusiast, had said in various interviews that he would like to have the empirical data not just from the Philippines but other countries as well to see whether a total gun ban was an effective tool to combat crime.

He said the country only has 250,000 security forces to protect some 100 million Filipinos, noting that the population doubled from 50 million in 1986.

Given this situation, Aquino said the response time – now covering bigger area and larger population – would be much slower.

He also said he was not inclined to support total gun ban because the records showed that crimes related to licensed firearms comprised only one percent.

“The proposal is to come up with a law to control the behavior of the outlaws. By definition, the outlaw is beyond the law, not to live within the law, so I don’t (see) the logic of a law controlling the behavior of somebody who does not follow the law,” Aquino said, promising to review studies in other countries to see if the liberalization of the law allowing people to carry firearms indeed causes an increase in crime incidents.

Aquino said it would be better to consider proposals for stricter enforcement of laws banning the carrying of firearms outside of residences.

He added that people applying for permits to own guns should be made to attend seminars before being granted the privilege to bring their weapons outside their homes.

“Gun ban is a law that says you cannot bring your firearm outside your residence. Who will follow that? People who are law-abiding. Who are the targets of the criminals?”

He said that if laws are rigidly enforced, good police work can solve crimes committed by outlaws.

To ban or not to ban

Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel, on the other hand, said he is supporting a stricter gun ban on the streets as a measure to ensure peace.

He also batted for a total ban on gun sales.

“Stricter gun ban on streets needed, not compulsory sex education in schools,” he said.

He said only the members of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) should be allowed to carry firearms.

Pimentel made the statement after the PNP pushed for a permanent total gun ban, noting a marked decline in the crime rate since its implementation on Jan. 10.

The PNP revealed that about 3,000 people, including 200 government employees, have been arrested since the Commission on Elections ordered the ban from Jan. 10 to June 9.

The Gunless Society of the Philippines stressed that it has nothing against responsible gun owners but stressed it is against the carrying of guns in public places.

The Peaceful, Responsible Owners of Guns (Progun), meanwhile, said it would be impractical and unrealistic to push for a total gun ban.

Meanwhile, Malacañang directed PNP Director Gen. Jesus Versoza to make sure that all sides are heard and all opinions are weighed before coming up with a final decision on whether to lift or not the total gun ban next week.

Executive Secretary Leandro Mendoza, who once served as PNP chief, issued the statement as various organizations, including lawyers’ and judges’ groups, pressed Versoza to lift the total gun ban as scheduled.

The directive also came on the eve of a summit organized by Versoza to discuss whether to lift the ban or not.

“In the summit, we expect the pros and cons to be heard,” Mendoza said. “In my experience, the issue is really equally divided on both sides. The decision is not easy to make.”

He, however, said that there is merit in the argument of legal gun owners that a total ban would only benefit criminals who do not care about regulations.

A newly formed multi-sectoral group on Tuesday expressed strong opposition and threatened to file a lawsuit against the PNP in case it insists on extending the implementation of the gun ban beyond June 9.

“We are not only fighting to allow us to carry our firearms but to protect our lives,” said lawyer Banjo Navarro III, A2S5 Coalition interim spokesman. – Christina Mendez, Paolo Romero

ahtsay
06-03-2010, 22:44
A friend told me that PTT is now P1000 for 3 months, which was P300 before. It's really funny. They threaten us with total gun ban so that they can raise the fees. :supergrin: I really don't see a connection between crime rate and raising the fees to transport firearms for law abiding citizens. Did their cost to process the paper work increase by 300%, that is why they need to raise the PTT cost by that much? Sabi din PTC are double the price na. Looks like they are really encouraging people to unlawfully carry their firearms. How many people can afford P20,000 for a 1 yr PTC license? Mas mura pa ang baril :supergrin:

One more point. Is the proposed total gun ban a "LAW"? If it is, doesn't this mean it has to pass through senators and not the PNP? I always thought senators are the ones that makes laws and the PNP is the enforcing body? :dunno:

Lastly....it's not the gun ban that decreased crime rate during the election. It's the check points! :supergrin: I bet if they kept the check points indefinitely, crime rate will remain constantly lower, even if the gun ban is lifted. Just my 2 cents worth.

st. matthew
06-04-2010, 04:02
mukhang walang nangyari sa summit today :dunno:

darwin25
06-04-2010, 04:52
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150204653960302&id=69606881226

Progun walks out of PNP Gun Summit 2010, Disavows "Total Progun" Club of Perry Punla

A walkout by PROGUN marred today the PNP Gun Summit 2010. Initially, PROGUN was not given a slot as speaker in the "insights" portion of the Summit wherein our Opposing party, the Gunless Society was allowed to give a lengthy speech through Nandy Pacheco. Instead, the PNP assigned Mr. Christopher "Pery" Punla to speak as leader of an organization called, "Total Pro-Gun Confederation". This organization has not even been organized yet and Mr. Punla re-appeared on the gun scene only a week ago stating that he was organizing GENCOP.

Claiming to be Progun, Punla gave a satirical speech which appeared to favor gun ownership, but in reality it was a comic act critical of gun owners and showing that we were unstable gun nuts. He claimed that he wanted to push for the right to openly carry assault rifles and mount them on gun owners cars, and roofs of houses. He likewise spoke in favor of the right to own and carry publicly crew-served weapons such as belt-fed machine guns and bomb launchers. Expectedly, the crowd began laughing at what appeared to be a clown giving a stand up comedy routine. Since we felt that this type of talk sent the wrong signal to the public that legitimate gun owners were irresponsible, and that Punla was using our name Progun (without authorization) for purposes making fun of gun owners, the PROGUN contingent decided to walk out of the Summit hall at mid-day.

We were also wondering why this unorganized 1 week old organization was given a speaking slot at the Summit, and whether or not this was planned deliberately using a planted trojan horse as a smoke screen to the anti-gun ban efforts of PROGUN.

The name PROGUN is a registered trademark in the Intellectual Property Office (IPO). Due to Punla's unlawful use of our PROGUN trademark in a manner which discredits and disgraces gun owners, we disavow everything that Punla said or will say, using the name "progun". He is likewise sternly warned that publicly using a registered trademark without license or authority from the registered owner constitutes infringement of a trademark which is a criminal offense. This is especially so, if the trademark is used in a confusingly similar manner which damages the goodwill and reputation of the registered owner.

We were hoping that the Summit would provide a venue for serious discussion on gun issues which have become of public interest. Chief jesus Verzosa and a number of top PNP Brass were present, thus giving an opportunity for a serious dialogue. However, the most vocal stakeholders and groups were never even allowed to speak and/or participate in the discussions, and the whole proceedings turned out to be on big expensive anti-gun press release.

Last year, PROGUN was the cluster head and presenter of Cluster "D" of the Summit. This year, although we noted that the event was not as well organized and participants were about half of those who attended last year, we endeavored in good faith to participate in what we expected to be a bona fide gun issues discussion. Instead, we were gravely disappointed.

red_toady
06-04-2010, 05:27
A friend told me that PTT is now P1000 for 3 months, which was P300 before. It's really funny. They threaten us with total gun ban so that they can raise the fees. :supergrin: I really don't see a connection between crime rate and raising the fees to transport firearms for law abiding citizens. Did their cost to process the paper work increase by 300%, that is why they need to raise the PTT cost by that much? Sabi din PTC are double the price na. Looks like they are really encouraging people to unlawfully carry their firearms. How many people can afford P20,000 for a 1 yr PTC license? Mas mura pa ang baril :supergrin:

One more point. Is the proposed total gun ban a "LAW"? If it is, doesn't this mean it has to pass through senators and not the PNP? I always thought senators are the ones that makes laws and the PNP is the enforcing body? :dunno:

Lastly....it's not the gun ban that decreased crime rate during the election. It's the check points! :supergrin: I bet if they kept the check points indefinitely, crime rate will remain constantly lower, even if the gun ban is lifted. Just my 2 cents worth.

i'm thinking that even if they exorbitantly raise the price for a PTC, may takers pa din. pero for the middle-class enthusiasts, that is way too much for a 3-month ptt.

yan na nga lang yung welcome respite in lieu of a ptc eh.

no wonder pati ang licensing ng hpr, nag increase na rin :shocked:

possible na pati gun clubs may raise their fees? wag naman sana...

i wonder what's next? 300 peso target boards :faint: baka pati price ng masking tape, ma jack up hehe

btw, isn't perry punla the owner of countermeasures gun store? i've read very positive comments about the service rendered by them. now this?

strange...

PMMA97
06-04-2010, 05:48
Nagkagulo na...

honoluluglocker
06-05-2010, 01:31
Does anybody know if Crame have started processing PTT and PTC. Or are they going to wait till gun ban is over before they do anything.

MAJINKONG
06-05-2010, 04:44
mukha naisahan tayo ng mga anti gun, pnp at si mr punla!!!!!

Glock_19_9x19
06-06-2010, 07:15
Mabuhay si Cong. Antonino!

If he runs for senator, I'll definitely vote for this guy.

PMMA97
06-06-2010, 15:17
If he runs for senator, I'll definitely vote for this guy.

He is also the author infamous House Bill 6776 PROVIDING STIFFER PENALTIES FOR CRIMES RELATING TO FIREARMS & LIGHT WEAPONS which almost passed.

That's Philippine politics for you. Balimbingan time!:supergrin:

Wp.22
06-07-2010, 01:23
Kahapon nagkita kami ni mr gunless himself sa isang get together pinansin naman ako tinanong ikaw ba ang anak ni nick. I said opo then i slowly walked away

jawel
07-29-2010, 19:04
may bago yata stand ang mga gunless society: parang ngayon okay lang sila na gamitin ang mga guns "for using them for legitimate purposes like sports."

http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/columns/view/20100729-283887/Guns-and-roads

jimbullet
07-30-2010, 01:47
may bago yata stand ang mga gunless society: parang ngayon okay lang sila na gamitin ang mga guns "for using them for legitimate purposes like sports."

http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/columns/view/20100729-283887/Guns-and-roads

This is not new. The gunless society never had a stance of banning the use of guns for sports ever since but what they have against us law abiding gun owners is to ban us from bringing guns to protect ourselves, refusing to be a victim of senseless crimes. They want only the police to bear arms, but we all know what is the ratio of civilians against the total number of police force available to protect us 24/7.

My advice to Pacheco is broaden his mind. Not every law applicable in a foreign land can be adopted in the Phils. For instance, Australia has strict gun laws, where civilians can only use it for sports. If you use it for self defense, it is questionable and the gun owner can be prosecuted in doing so, regardless if it was to preserve life.