Tractiongrips.com [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tractiongrips.com

buddah
05-23-2010, 13:19
Just wanted to let my fellow GT'ers in on a great product. The product is similiar to decal grips but in my opinion way better and cheaper. The company is www.tractiongrips.com
The owner is a LEO and his grips are $8.00 each. They come in rubber or sand/gritty material. They are appiled to your pistols grip via adhesive and give you a better grip on your weapon. He has these available for glocks, ruger lcp, Kahr CW9, Keltec PF9 and several other models. I don't own the company and in no way have anything to gain from the sales of this product. Just plugging a good product made by a good guy.:supergrin:

rmeron
05-26-2010, 06:23
Just wanted to let my fellow GT'ers in on a great product. The product is similiar to decal grips but in my opinion way better and cheaper. The company is www.tractiongrips.com (http://www.tractiongrips.com)
The owner is a LEO and his grips are $8.00 each. They come in rubber or sand/gritty material. They are appiled to your pistols grip via adhesive and give you a better grip on your weapon. He has these available for glocks, ruger lcp, Kahr CW9, Keltec PF9 and several other models. I don't own the company and in no way have anything to gain from the sales of this product. Just plugging a good product made by a good guy.:supergrin:

I just ordered a set for my mdl 30,they said they were shipped yesterday.
I'll let you'all know how I like them.

rmeron
05-27-2010, 15:27
I just ordered a set for my mdl 30,they said they were shipped yesterday.
I'll let you'all know how I like them.

I received them today,seem to be pretty decent.I haven't been to the range yet to see how they hold up during recoil.I'll let you know.

1985 4Runner
05-27-2010, 16:27
Tagged, although I love Talon grips.

Would also like to see a pic.

The clear grip is very interesting, because I really don't want a black grip on my OD Glock.

1985 4Runner
05-27-2010, 17:32
For $8.00 a pair, I just ordered a clear set for my OD 19. Will post pics as soon as I get them.

1985 4Runner
06-21-2010, 17:52
Got my grips today. I ordered the clear set.

I like the feel over the stock grip but these do not cover the same area as the Talon grips do, (to include the finger grooves & the back of the grip). They are rubberized, with no gritty feel like skate tape or the Talon grips.

OD G19
Before:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/gulfportfire/firearms/009.jpg

After:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/gulfportfire/firearms/010-1.jpg

I think I will let this set grow on me a while to see if I like them more. Two additional black strips of the grip were included that you can cut to size as well. I may add those later.

Njanear
06-21-2010, 19:36
Thanks for the pics on the clear ones. I bought some black rubber ones to go on my black G34 and they fit pretty nice on it. I was debating getting the clear ones to go on the OD G34 but after seeing yours, I might hold off on that buy. :dunno:

GP55445
06-21-2010, 19:40
I have them on my LCP and haven't had any issues such as moving/peeling. I prefer these over the sandpaper like grips and for $8.00 shipped they're a good deal.

1985 4Runner
06-21-2010, 19:46
Thanks for the pics on the clear ones. I bought some black rubber ones to go on my black G34 and they fit pretty nice on it. I was debating getting the clear ones to go on the OD G34 but after seeing yours, I might hold off on that buy. :dunno:

I figued at $8.00 a pop I could just peel them & toss them if I don't like them.

They are opaque, not clear. You can see that the OD color of the grip underneath shows through, but barely.

After owning three Glocks with Talon grips I admit to being biased. Talons set the bar pretty high IMO.

Worth $8.00? Yes.

McGriff
06-21-2010, 20:58
Would these stick to the RTF2 frame? Or would the Talons? I know, my frame is already grippy, but I'm interested in changing the feel of it.

buddah
06-22-2010, 06:11
I had sand paper gritty type grips on my duty pistol and they were great while in uniform in a duty holster. But when I got promoted to detective I noticed that the gritty grips were wrecking the lining on my sportcoats b/c I am now using a pancake holster that rides close to body. the traction grips rubber have not been an issue. Now if talon made rubber grips, I might have ordered from them instead.