Woman's Outlook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woman's Outlook

Schnek
12-19-2002, 10:45
http://www.nrahq.org/publications/wo/

The newest addition to the family of NRA official journals, Woman’s Outlook will specifically cater to the multi-faceted needs of today’s NRA woman as she exercises her Second Amendment rights in pursuit and enjoyment of the American firearms lifestyle. As the nation’s leading monthly firearms forum for women, Woman’s Outlook will deliver the broad scope of editorial, commentary and feature articles necessary to support a growing active female membership.

Created especially for women, Woman’s Outlook will cover topics from personal protection and home security to general firearms safety and recreation, spotlight personalities from all walks of life, showcase NRA women’s shooting, hunting and personal protection programs, such as Women on Target and Refuse to Be A Victim, and detail the wide range of NRA membership benefits and resources available to women.

Woman’s Outlook is here first and foremost to ensure that today’s NRA woman gets the most from her NRA membership. Watch for the premier issue in January 2003.

Kolchak
12-21-2002, 20:41
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing it.:)

Schnek
12-22-2002, 14:40
:) I think that this magazine is a great idea. We should be able to gain a lot more female members with a NRA magazine dedicated to their interests. I guess that we shall see how it goes.
Schnek

Gary F
01-01-2003, 03:43
i'm getting rather bored with "First Freedom". i'll have to look into how you switch magazines. Women's outlook might be more interesting for a few issues at least!
peace, gary

BikerGoddess
01-01-2003, 09:00
How do we change our preferences? I wasn't interested in any of the magazine choices, so I left it blank, but if they're coming out with something that remotely pertains to my life, I'd like to give it a shot.

Laura

glockshootist
01-01-2003, 10:02
Originally posted by BikerGoddess
How do we change our preferences? I wasn't interested in any of the magazine choices, so I left it blank, but if they're coming out with something that remotely pertains to my life, I'd like to give it a shot.

Laura

CAN I CHANGE MY MAGAZINE IF I DO NOT LIKE MY FIRST CHOICE?
Yes, you can by calling NRA’s Processing Center at 1-877-NRA-2000, Monday-Friday, 7 AM to Midnight and Weekends 9 AM to 9 PM. All times are Eastern Standard Time.

http://www.nralive.com/index2.cfm

My daughter recently joined the NRA, selecting the Women's Outlook magazine option. She is excited about receiving her first issue.

ExxoticOne
01-02-2003, 09:37
Schnek & Glockshootist - thanks for the information...I'll be changing my magazine preference today!:)

Gary F
01-07-2003, 02:12
Thanks GlockShootist for info. I contacted NRA Processing Center with the number you provided ... and for $10.00 just got the Women's Outlook added on. At first i was going to switch magazines ..., but for $10 figured i could read, and read, and read about the demise of our liberties. Kinda depressing, but balances out the reporting offered & not offered by the mega mass media offerings.
peace, gary

BikerGoddess
01-07-2003, 07:29
Originally posted by glockshootist
CAN I CHANGE MY MAGAZINE IF I DO NOT LIKE MY FIRST CHOICE?
Yes, you can by calling NRA’s Processing Center at 1-877-NRA-2000, Monday-Friday, 7 AM to Midnight and Weekends 9 AM to 9 PM. All times are Eastern Standard Time. Thanks ;f Changed mine, should start with the March issue.

Laura

glockshootist
01-07-2003, 12:13
Originally posted by ExxoticOne
Schnek & Glockshootist - thanks for the information...I'll be changing my magazine preference today!:)

Great! I hope you, Gary F, BikerG and others can provide your perspective(s) on the magazine after you read it. I think it is long overdue, and am thankful the NRA is finally addressing an important segement of the firearms/RKBA community.

Schnek
01-07-2003, 16:02
Glockshootist,

I agree, it is long overdue for the NRA to have an official journal that represents the interests of women. Yes, please for those who will get the new magazine. Let us know how you like it.

I have been trying to convince my wife to join the NRA for some time now. She is showing more interest since I have told her about this magazine.

http://www.nrahq.org/women/wot.asp
Also I would like to point out the NRA Women On Target program. This has been a very successful program. I have helped to organize several NRA-WOT events now and also helped as a shooting coach. This is very exciting stuff.

Schnek