Google Chrome [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

syntaxerrorsix
05-24-2010, 14:44
It's faster for sure.

Annoying little tab that leads me to a Microsoft "Customizing the link" page that I can't seem to get rid of? I'm running Ubuntu WTF?

It's much cleaner.

Anyone running into any problems? Any thoughts?

TBO
05-24-2010, 15:52
I have not had that issue with Chrome in either Windows or Ubuntu.

ancienthacker
05-24-2010, 18:43
I have Chrome on several systems (XP, OS/X, and Win7) and I have not seen that. Check your bookmark manager or the startup settings under Wrench, Options.

If you use Chrome on multiple systems you can use Gmail to keep the bookmarks in sync.

syntaxerrorsix
05-24-2010, 19:27
I have Chrome on several systems (XP, OS/X, and Win7) and I have not seen that. Check your bookmark manager or the startup settings under Wrench, Options.

If you use Chrome on multiple systems you can use Gmail to keep the bookmarks in sync.

I think I've got everything how I want it now. It would be nice however to get rid of the "other bookmarks" I'm pretty confident I can store all of them under one tab. Strange no option to remove it.

ancienthacker
05-25-2010, 20:11
If you right click on "Other bookmarks" you can take away the bookmarks bar which may give you what you're looking for. There doesn't appear to be a way to just delete that folder from the Bookmarks or even rename it.

GenX
05-25-2010, 21:51
If you right click on "Other bookmarks" you can take away the bookmarks bar which may give you what you're looking for. There doesn't appear to be a way to just delete that folder from the Bookmarks or even rename it.

Yup, this or control+b