Bad grip. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bad grip.

Arland
05-25-2010, 19:11
I'm really bummed to finally admit I have to get rid of my glock's as defensive carry weapons. My hands are small, and i have to twist the gun to the right (right hand shooter) just to get the pad of my finger on the trigger. So the gun is no longer inline with my arm and yadayadayada... Anyhow! The tail of the gun is right over the top of my first thumb knuckle, and gets the crap beat out of it after about 50 rounds. I guess I have to go back to the XD which i gave up for being too heavy for me to carry 18 hours a pop... But with the coming release of the XD(M)- .45 ACP 3.8, I'm betting that gun will be hard to beat in that price range. They come with removeable backstraps for grip customization, a 3.8 inch match grade barrel, and a sweet trigger. And they are just beautiful! I gotta look back to last nights post's on ammo selection for short barrel .45's... Anyone want my G36 and/or G26?:crying:

Mas Ayoob
05-26-2010, 21:44
Arland, I think we're agreed that good hand-to-gun fit is critical to good shooting. The choices you describe are good ones. However, I wouldn't be getting rid of my baby Glocks just yet. The Glock 36 already has a very short trigger reach, and your G26 can have that dimension trimmed by Robar or Tarnhelm Supply. Google search will get you to both those sources.

Best of luck,

Mas