Sacrificed my Glock 29 today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sacrificed my Glock 29 today

Waffentomas
05-26-2010, 15:52
After much deliberation, I decided today that a gun had to go.

I was laid off a while back and have struggled finding suitable employment to date.

On June 1, 2010, my son turns 21. He has always wanted a Glock 10mm (no doubt because of my rabid espousal of the cartridge), and I cannot afford to buy him one right now. So, though I will sadly miss this gun, come Tuesday, we'll have another member in our ranks. (This gun was my car gun, now to be replaced by either a Dan Wesson [pre-CZ] Razorback 10mm, or a Glock 19 - still not sure)

I had the gun engraved for him. It's bitter-sweet, to be sure, but our ranks are set to swell by one.

Tom

_The_Shadow
05-26-2010, 15:55
Good for you...keeping it in the Family!

May the good lord bless you with a great employment oppertunity soon!

Taterhead
05-26-2010, 17:49
Can't think of a better way to send off a fine firearm. And welcome to you son to the world of the 10mm.

Best wishes to you on the search for employment.

Grrrr
05-26-2010, 19:43
That's not a sacrifice man.....that's a blessing. Giving something you cherish to your child.

69stingray
05-26-2010, 20:46
And I thought this was going to be a sad story. :supergrin: You did a good thing I'm sure your son will hang on to that G29 forever.

Hope you find work soon.

Ray

BurkGlocker
05-26-2010, 20:55
I know the feeling about having to sell firearms to keep things going. I sold a 38 S&W Police Regulation, my G22, my wife's Taurus 24/7 and my SKS all within the past 5 months to keep food on the table. Thankfully, I found a job recently, and things are starting to even out and get better. Just hang in there, keep your head up high and hopefully things will start to even out for you as well.

Burk

Case de Callier
05-26-2010, 20:56
And I thought this was going to be a sad story. :supergrin: You did a good thing I'm sure your son will hang on to that G29 forever.

Hope you find work soon.

Ray

Likewise. I love happy endings (to stories).

cowboywannabe
05-27-2010, 02:28
lucky man. most folks who loose their jobs have to sell off quite a few guns to make their next mortgage payment. sounds like you have it pretty good still.

lunker
05-27-2010, 07:52
Likewise. I love happy endings (to stories).

I laughed when I saw your addendum. I love happy endings too. Some people's minds are in the gutter. :)

Waffentomas,
I hope you find a new gig sometime soon. I'm sure your son will remember this gesture for a long time.