Seeking Encryption Website [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Encryption Website

Stompy
05-27-2010, 06:21
I just finished a Security + class, and the instructor demonstrated a website that would encrypt test that could be cut/ pasted into email. The receiver could then cut/ paste the encrypted text onto the website and retrieve the plain text.

Anyone know the URL to this type of website(s)?

Toyman
05-27-2010, 08:35
Maybe this?
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/cool-websites/send-secure-and-encrypted-text-via-email-online/

noway
05-27-2010, 08:49
fwiw md4/5/sha are not encryption but hashes and base64/85 is just encoding , none of which are 1st pick for encryption. People always mis uses these terms to mean encryption when they are not

I would not use any webemail encryption site, unless you have a way to generate your own key. This is where PKI comes handy. If you need to encrypt something, do it right use a PGP compliant mailer.

Stompy
05-27-2010, 12:06
I would not use any webemail encryption site, unless you have a way to generate your own key. This is where PKI comes handy. If you need to encrypt something, do it right use a PGP compliant mailer.

I agree about PGP. However, the website interest me and I still want to find it.

prism
05-28-2010, 02:49
several out there. search for

online text encryption