Grip Reductions and NY1 Trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Grip Reductions and NY1 Trigger

NAC
05-27-2010, 13:52
Mas,
I know your stance on lighter trigger pulls and I concur, my question is in regard to the 3.5 disconnector. In your opinion would a 3.5 disconnector in conjuction with a NY1 trigger spring be inappropriate for a carry gun? This combo should give a factory trigger pull based on my research.

Also, could you possibly foresee an issue in court with a grip reduction on a Glock should the case ever get to trial? I love the Glock lineup the reliability and ease of maintenance but the grip has never agreed with me.

And finally, do you have an updated schedule for LFI classes? I'm very interested in attending one of your classes.
Thanks

Mas Ayoob
05-27-2010, 22:15
As of the last few years, Glock and their Armorer's School have officially approved the 3.5 pound connector (also known as 4.5 pound connector) WHEN COMBINED WITH NY-1 TRIGGER MODULE. This results in a trigger pull in the six-pound range, and gives a firm resistance from the beginning of the trigger press. I for one would have no hesitation carrying this combination now that it is factory approved.

I've never seen a grip reduction be a problem in court.

To answer your final question, I now teach through Massad Ayoob Group, and info is available at http://massadayoobgroup.com.

best,
Mas