View Full Version : CW9 & CW45 for sale

Cowart
05-29-2010, 19:26
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=171528436
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=171523627

I'm going to stick with my PM9...

glockess56
05-29-2010, 23:29
Wonder why it costs $70.00 to ship to the FFL? Even companies who sell guns usually charge around $20 or $30 dollars to ship.

Cowart
05-30-2010, 08:38
If you know of a cheaper shipping method, I'm all ears! During the last 3 or 4 years, I've shipped 3 handguns, one by UPS, and two by FEDEX. In each case, they cost more than $70 to ship. Since I don't have an FFL, I can't ship by USPS, which is much cheaper.

toddmog
06-01-2010, 13:02
If you know of a cheaper shipping method, I'm all ears! During the last 3 or 4 years, I've shipped 3 handguns, one by UPS, and two by FEDEX. In each case, they cost more than $70 to ship. Since I don't have an FFL, I can't ship by USPS, which is much cheaper.

Find a local FFL to do the transfer out for you. My regular shop charges $20. Just take them the signed copy of the FFL from the buyer...they will handle the rest. Just make sure they do things in a timely manner. My regular shop is small and the owner/FFL was out of town so a gun I sold sat in their safe for 4 days before it went out. I felt really bad for the guy that I sold it to.

Cowart
06-01-2010, 15:30
They charge the same $70 - I think they just put the price that high to avoid taking on the job. Shipping out is a lot more work for them than receiving - more paperwork, plus they have to send someone physically to the postoffice or shipper depot. For receiving, FEDEX and UPS deliver right to the front door. Most of the FFLs around here are quite small, with only one or two employees on the premises at any one time.

andyo5
06-04-2010, 13:48

An FFL can ship through the Post Office for about $20. He may charge you a small fee in addition. It will certainly not total anywhere near $70.
My FFL does not charge me a fee because I do all the footwork. Total cost to ship a gun through the USPS is $20 max, including insurance. I have shipped five handguns this way and it is perfectly legal (assuming you ship only to verified FFL holders).

jhayesvw
06-24-2010, 09:31
i shipped my glock back to smyrna for a refresh for $40 using UPS.

Cowart
06-24-2010, 10:15
i shipped my glock back to smyrna for a refresh for $40 using UPS.
That sounds like you must have used 2nd day air service, which is a violation of UPS rules. The rule states:

"Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. 921,will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air<SUP></SUP> Early A.M.<SUP></SUP>, UPS Next Day Air<SUP></SUP>, or UPS Next Day Air Saver<SUP></SUP> services".

Perhaps you got lucky and ran into an employee who is not up on this stuff. My luck has not been that good.

BadAndy
06-24-2010, 12:06
I'm lucky that I work less than a mile from a UPS hub and they've always given me the option to send firearms 2day Air. I asked her about the overnight rule and she said that it only matters that it goes through the Air system instead of ground since Air is more secure or at least the packages spend less time in employees hands.