My next MilSurp? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My next MilSurp?

GlocknSpiehl
05-29-2010, 19:49
I own a Japanese Arasaka rifle (which I do not shoot) and a US M1 Carbine and would like to get something else

I am between a German WWII Mauser 8mm rifle and a US M1 Garand from the CMP. How hard is it to find the clips to load the M1?

Your comments and opinions, please.

thisaway
05-29-2010, 23:52
I am between a German WWII Mauser 8mm rifle and a US M1 Garand from the CMP. How hard is it to find the clips to load the M1?

Your comments and opinions, please.

Sometimes you can find surplus ammo (online or at a show) that is already on Garand clips. The ammo for a Garand is usually more expensive than 8mm surplus, but the Garand is a gen-u-wine piece of US history. I have six of them.

Of course, I also have four 8mm Mausers, too. :embarassed:

GlocknSpiehl
06-08-2010, 19:05
Now I have a plan: a friend and I are going to make a roadtrip to the CMP store in AL and powershop! I really want to get a Garand to match my M1 Carbine.

Ringo S.
07-02-2010, 08:47
Don't forget about russian Mosin rifles. Cheap and lot of history.

glocker26
07-03-2010, 16:53
Now I have a plan: a friend and I are going to make a roadtrip to the CMP store in AL and powershop! I really want to get a Garand to match my M1 Carbine.

just buy ammunition from them, they carry HXP (Pyrkal) 192 rds in enbloc clips and bandoleers for $96 try get some that made before 1972 the enbloc clips in the old ammo better. For more info go to CMP forum (http://www.thecmp.org/forums/)

Teddybear
07-07-2010, 15:03

Now that IS a plan