Surviving without a Range/Pits at CJ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Surviving without a Range/Pits at CJ

jerseyglockgirl
05-29-2010, 20:44
I was just wondering how people are holding up, without the use of one of our MAIN clubs, here in NJ, (since they shut the pits down, and created such a horrible situation)? :faint:

After talking to quite a few people that are "Pistol Only" shooters, it seems as though MANY people have lost the entire use of their club. :steamed:

I know that we have Old Bridge to use right now, but that doesn't help the MANY people, that paid for their yearly dues for membership to CJ, and have absolutely NO USE of the club right now.

Maybe if the BOD actually KNEW, exactly HOW many people have been affected by the destruction, (and reluctancy to put up ANY dirt berms to rectify the situation), until the permits for the horrible concrete walls are issued. It seems the consensus right now is that people just want the ability to shoot, and do not care about the fighting within, and WHY they just won't budge on the dirt berms for a temporary fix. It's been said that it's a $$$ issue, but the way I see it, they are losing members AND league fees right now, anyway. They have been down since November, it's now June, that's 7 months of no Steel Plate, IPSC or Cowboy Action pistol league fees coming in.

With what seems to be no hope of anything happening ANY time soon, I was looking at it in, thirds. Say one third of the club is shut down, I don't have any idea on numbers, so I just thought that I would throw the question out there.

Are YOU a casualty of the Pit Destruction at CJ, and how do you feel about it? AND,,,,,dare I say, are there any suggestions, on what folks MAY be able to do, to get things moving again over there? :whistling:

So, if I may be so bold to ask, how many people are Central Jersey Members here, that lost the use of the club, because of the pit destruction?

Thanks and Happy Memorial Day (remember WHY we celebrate this day - Support out troops, both Past & Present!):wavey:

Matrix62
06-13-2010, 19:38
I am a member of CJ and am frustrated as well. I usually get to a couple of pit pistol events every year (always hoped to do a little more next season). With the pits closed I have been using the general purpose rifle range, the 25 yard outdoor range and more of the indoor range. Surprisingly the remaining ranges has not been as busy as I would have thought because they would have caught the overflow.

While I prefer pistol shooting more I am taking this opportunity to pick up a shotgun and spend some time shooting clays.

I guess the GSSF at CJ is cancelled then?

Notyet
06-24-2010, 17:01
I drove from Connecticut to attend the GSSF match at your facility and now I appreciate what they had to do to hold the match. Thank you. It was a great event.

mchlhotrod
06-30-2010, 18:31
wait, Central Jersey range is closed? Did i miss something? I have been shooting at Brick Armory for the past year, but have been saving up to join CJ. Whats going on?