Finally [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally

themighty9mm
05-30-2010, 19:31
I finally did it. I have had my press up for over 2 weeks then I had to get components. Then I had to go shooting. things just kept getting in the way. So finally tonight I sat down and set it up. So far I have only made 15 rounds, but I only plan on making 45 total this weekened. I am using Montana gold 124 gr FMJ over 5.2 gr unique,with an OAL of 1.135. I do have a question.My next 15 rounds should I go up .1 gr or .2? According to my manual I only have between 5.2 gr and 5.8 gr to play with
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

shotgunred
05-30-2010, 19:48
I have Unique From 4.0 grains to 6.2 grains

For target rounds.
I make up 10 rounds and then jump .2 grains.
Check for gun function and accuracy.
Once you have both stop.
Beyond that its just extra wear and tear on your gun.

twobyfour
05-30-2010, 19:54
For 9mm practice type ammo, I look in a few of my manuals, average the starting and maximum loads, and pick a charge right in the middle. This has worked well for me with five powders, 3 bullet weights, and 4 pistols.

-dave

themighty9mm
05-30-2010, 20:11
I have Unique From 4.0 grains to 6.2 grains

For target rounds.
I make up 10 rounds and then jump .2 grains.
Check for gun function and accuracy.
Once you have both stop.
Beyond that its just extra wear and tear on your gun.
Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not really into the hot loads just for grins. So go up by .2 gr instead of .1?

Zombie Steve
05-30-2010, 21:46
You could go a tenth at a time, but you will not see a lot of difference. It just uses up more components and takes more time and effort.

I will go a tenth at a time as I approach max, but for target loads, I rarely get close.