Provo City Range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Provo City Range

riding4life162
05-31-2010, 18:20
The Provo City Range is a pretty good range, I will definitely be spending 100% of my range time there, I would normally go to the indoor range but $11 per hour is ridiculous and membership fees are the same.

The only negative to the Provo range is that it's a seasonal range; during the summer it is open from April 24 through September 11, from 4-8 p.m. on Wednesday and 12-4 p.m. on Saturdays. These hours are good for me so I not complaining but a 3rd day a week would be nice. But overall the range is good, Bring your own targets and I would also suggest to bring your own staple gun and staples. Oh yeah its only 2 bucks Cash for the entire range time, Ensure you bring cash. So far best range time I have had in Utah!!!

bulletguy
06-22-2010, 23:59
The Provo City Range is a pretty good range, I will definitely be spending 100% of my range time there, I would normally go to the indoor range but $11 per hour is ridiculous and membership fees are the same.

The only negative to the Provo range is that it's a seasonal range; during the summer it is open from April 24 through September 11, from 4-8 p.m. on Wednesday and 12-4 p.m. on Saturdays. These hours are good for me so I not complaining but a 3rd day a week would be nice. But overall the range is good, Bring your own targets and I would also suggest to bring your own staple gun and staples. Oh yeah its only 2 bucks Cash for the entire range time, Ensure you bring cash. So far best range time I have had in Utah!!!

Where is the Provo range? I know of the Springville indoor range (Rangemasters of Utah), and the open range up Hobble Creek Canyon, as well as the County Sheriff's Range out near the Thistle turnoff up Spanish Fork Canyon, but not sure about the Provo Range you mentioned.:whistling:

Robs_G23
06-25-2010, 20:41
To get there, you drive up Provo Canyon and take the Squaw Peak turn-off. Go up a mile or two and it's off the right-hand side of the road. It has a sign next to the road. I haven't been up there in a while, but it was a decent place to shoot.

bulletguy
06-25-2010, 23:19
To get there, you drive up Provo Canyon and take the Squaw Peak turn-off. Go up a mile or two and it's off the right-hand side of the road. It has a sign next to the road. I haven't been up there in a while, but it was a decent place to shoot.

Thanks much for the info. Now that you have told me, I do seem to remember someone saying something about it, but it was not very strongly recommended at the time.

I will plan to grab one of my shooting buddies and go give it a look-see and maybe put a few down range. It keeps getting harder as we lose places to go shoot. WE lost one up Spanish Fork Canyon near the Diamond Fork turn off that the old timers tell me had been in use for more that a hundred years.:crying:

You posted on your original post; "The only negative to the Provo range is that it's a seasonal range; during the summer it is open from April 24 through September 11, from 4-8 p.m. on Wednesday and 12-4 p.m. on Saturdays."

I guess that is still the schedule, right?

Robs_G23
06-26-2010, 17:17
I believe those are the hours. It is posted on the Provo City website, in the parks and recreation section.
http://www.provo.org/parks.gunrange.html

gsr
07-08-2010, 09:46
Yes, those are the hours. However, the range is open daily (except Sunday) from shortly after Labor Day until the begining of Deer season. I'll be one of the Range Safeties a week from Saturday. Come say Hi, and do some shooting.