Sell me on a new CQC7 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on a new CQC7

Entreri
06-01-2010, 09:22
I used to have an older BM CQC7, but unfortunately I no longer have it.

I'm thinking about getting a new Emerson at this point, but have a few questions. Is the new new cerracote as durable as the black t that was used in the past?

I've gotten away from liner locks, and have been carrying Spyderco's with the lock back style, but I by far prefer the round thumb opener of the Emerson over the hole in the spydie. I've also been reading some different opinions regarding the liner lock on the Emersons. I just want to know if I decide to get one, that I made the right choice and avoid any issues.

It will be used for carry on most days for sd. I will not be using this knife on a daily basis as a utility knife.

Any opinions? Thanks.

Ernest Emerson
06-07-2010, 15:06
Dear Entreri,

Thank you for your interest. The cerracote is pretty damn durable. It's on every knife I carry and I have no problems with it.

The liner-locks are the same as they have always been. We still make them for the hardest users on this planet and they have no problems with them. Believe me if they did have any problems they would drop me like a bad habit. They pay no attention to the internet.

My Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson