For Someone who wants Only One Firearm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For Someone who wants Only One Firearm

marsan
06-01-2010, 19:25
Hello. It may seem silly but this is my situation. I have a G30, a Kahr P9. I'm a 5th SF Vietnam Vet. Used to be on the range all the time. No more. Now I'm a full time golfer. Want to have only 1 SD Pistol. My Son in CO will get what I get rid of. Could you please give me your choice:

Get rid of G30
Get rid of P9
Get rid of both and buy G26
Get rid of both and buy G19

Re: P9, sweet carry pistol but I am a resident of NY State. No further explanation needed. Both pistols which I own or "Tack Drivers". I want 1 pistol, 1 caliber, 1 caliber of ammo to buy. When I travel, put it in my safe deposit box at the bank and sleep well at night. Thank you Sir.

Mas Ayoob
06-01-2010, 21:59
Any of the above will work for you, but your last two choices suggest you find the Glock 9mm particularly suited to your needs. If you're shooting less these days, you'll probably find the G19 more manageable with less practice.

However, if you acquired the Kahr because it carries easier than the G30 (which carries about like a G19), and ease of concealment will be a parameter for your choice, the G26 strikes me as making more sense.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and thank you for your service.

best,
Mas

marsan
06-03-2010, 17:35
And thank you Mas for your reply and advice. Have been reading your articles for more years than I care to admit! Stay well.