Picked up my EMP, sending it back tomorrow [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my EMP, sending it back tomorrow

CanIhaveGasCash
06-02-2010, 20:05
I picked up my EMP today and it will immediately be taking a trip to springfield. The biggest issue that I have may not even be springfield's fault. The tritium vile in the front sight is off center and appears to be angled.

The thumb safety has some issues, it doesn't feel smooth and it seems to travel too far.

The good news is that it eats everything that I fed it, although my groups were pretty poor, probably a combination of this being the shortest gun I own and the front sight issue.

I know springfield will make it right, and I'll probably have some custom work done while its there. Still its no fun to have to send a new toy away.

Pics when I can find my camera.

In other news I picked up a G35 and it feels great... too bad the trigger is a typical Glock trigger.

EDIT: When using right side of the safety, it clicks twice when disengaging it. I put a few more rounds downrange and have 100 rounds of ball and 100 rounds of remington gold saber without so much as a hiccup.

Tactical black
06-02-2010, 20:21
That sucks hope you get it worked out soon.

bac1023
06-03-2010, 03:13
Congrats! :cool:

Sorry to hear of the issues, but Springfield will make it right.

faawrenchbndr
06-03-2010, 06:18
The EMP is on my short list,........Springer will make your's right!

bac1023
06-03-2010, 06:20
I just can't get myself to buy a micro 1911 or even a compact, for that matter. I know they have gotten much better in the last few years, but all of mine have full size frames. :dunno:

drc767
06-03-2010, 06:34
I have one of each in 9mm and .40. Both guns are very impressive accurate for their size. I settled on keeping the 9mm because with the LW frame, it is considerably lighter than the steel framed .40. The EMP is put together very well and is pretty tough to beat for a deap concealment pistol.

mesteve2
06-03-2010, 06:36
Get a Glock!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

bac1023
06-03-2010, 06:38
Get a Glock!
:rofl::rofl:

:brickwall:

If you want a 1911, a Glock just won't do it for you. :wavey:

Do you have anything else to add? :dunno:

brisk21
06-03-2010, 06:43
I just can't get myself to buy a micro 1911 or even a compact, for that matter. I know they have gotten much better in the last few years, but all of mine have full size frames. :dunno:

You need to break out of your shell!!! The EMP is sweet, and someone who lusts over 1911s like you should definatly have one. I like it because it is actually a smaller redesigned frame and parts, not just a government model with a chopped slide and grip.

bac1023
06-03-2010, 06:55
You need to break out of your shell!!! The EMP is sweet, and someone who lusts over 1911s like you should definatly have one. I like it because it is actually a smaller redesigned frame and parts, not just a government model with a chopped slide and grip.

Oh I know its nicely built pistol. :wavey:

I've handled a couple. :)

rsxr22
06-03-2010, 07:11
thats a shame to hear about the EMP. What were you thinking you were going to have done on it at the custom shop?

CanIhaveGasCash
06-03-2010, 11:22
Here are a couple quick pictures

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1593.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1598.jpg

thats a shame to hear about the EMP. What were you thinking you were going to have done on it at the custom shop?

I'm going to have the front strap checkered 25lpi, install a new flat trigger, make the extractor flush against the frame, and refinish the entire gun in armorykote or black t.

bac1023
06-03-2010, 11:24
I'm going to have the front strap checkered 25lpi, install a new flat trigger, make the extractor flush against the frame, and refinish the entire gun in armorykote or black t.

Sounds like a nice plan for it. :)

glock2740
06-03-2010, 11:30
Congrats on the new gun, and sorry to hear it wasn't perfect, but like the others above said, SA will make it right for you.

CanIhaveGasCash
06-03-2010, 11:42
Congrats on the new gun, and sorry to hear it wasn't perfect, but like the others above said, SA will make it right for you.

Thats why I like SA. If its not right the first time, they will fix it at their cost, unlike some other manufactures.

BubbaShoots
06-03-2010, 12:03

Warning to bac - Do not buy a Colt Defender or new Agent. You won't be able to say you have a problem with micros. For CCW, I replaced my Kimber CDP Pro II with a New Agent and boy is it comfortable. My Colt New Agent is as flawless as my SA TRP or my Wilson CQB. Now that is saying something! I know that will surprise some nay-sayers but I can only report my personal experience.

rsxr22
06-03-2010, 13:01
sounds like some extremely good mods except for the refinishing imo. I really like the 2 tone look of the EMP but to each his own. Huge fan of getting the front strap checkered though. I feel that a smooth front strap is useless. The only 1911 i have without is a STI Spartan and i applied some grip tape to the front for a more affirmative grip

jrs93accord
06-03-2010, 13:31
I picked up my EMP today and it will immediately be taking a trip to springfield. The biggest issue that I have may not even be springfield's fault. The tritium vile in the front sight is off center and appears to be angled.

The thumb safety has some issues, it doesn't feel smooth and it seems to travel too far.

The good news is that it eats everything that I fed it, although my groups were pretty poor, probably a combination of this being the shortest gun I own and the front sight issue.

I know springfield will make it right, and I'll probably have some custom work done while its there. Still its no fun to have to send a new toy away.

Pics when I can find my camera.

In other news I picked up a G35 and it feels great... too bad the trigger is a typical Glock trigger.

He is picking up a nice AR next week. :supergrin:

jrs93accord
06-03-2010, 13:34
Here are a couple quick pictures

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1593.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/canihavegascash/IMG_1598.jpg

Gregg, that is one of the sexiest little 1911s on the market. I like it with those grips on it. Oh, and you can really tell about the front sight's tritium tube being a bit off.

CanIhaveGasCash
06-03-2010, 13:38
He is picking up a nice AR next week. :supergrin:

instead of a Les Baer :rofl:

tx787
06-03-2010, 14:13
Thats why I like SA. If its not right the first time, they will fix it at their cost, unlike some other manufactures.

Almost as good as ones that get it right the first time.

CanIhaveGasCash
06-03-2010, 14:49
Almost as good as ones that get it right the first time.

Every manufacturer is bound to have an issue now and again, its how they deal with the issues that matters. I spent more on my kimber that I had to send back on my own dime twice.

ck1
06-04-2010, 15:31
Seems like every EMP made needs to go back to Springfield at least once...

samuse
06-04-2010, 17:33
Seems like every EMP made needs to go back to Springfield at least once...

I think it's "every Springfield ever made needed to go back at least once":rofl:

FM12
06-04-2010, 20:28
Be sure and let us know how this turns out.

rangersniper308
06-05-2010, 09:23
No worries... sometimes this thing happens to all makers. I have sent glocks back as well... Springfield will make it right