Glock 29 9mm conversion barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 29 9mm conversion barrel

utah0859
06-02-2010, 20:50
Hey guys, I'm new to both glocks and 10mm. I just purchased a glock 29, a lone wolf 40 conversion barrel is on the way. I see that EFK Firedragon lists a 9mm conversion in the extended and threaded barrel section. Anyone tried one of these? I realize its unlikely but if so how do they work and what modifications are necessary to make them work?

_The_Shadow
06-02-2010, 22:45
The 9mm has a smaller diameter ejection rim and this could pose problems with the ejection of the cases In my Opinion! Also you will need a different magazine to feed from. You would do better using 357 Sig if you want to shoot the 9mm bullets from your 10mm and they will work from the standard magazines just like the 10mm the 40's do.

Best regards and welcome to the forum!

utah0859
06-06-2010, 07:45
Yeah I'd probably need to replace the extractor(if possible). I'm just looking at the cost of ammo being significantly better with the 9mm. I just got some bullets, the last missing component to do some reloading. Adding the cost of the barrel and the relatively small amount of time I'd use it its probably not worth the hassle especially with the mag and extractor issues. Wish me luck with these reloads.

chakup
06-06-2010, 07:53
Best bet on ammo cost is probably to shoot .40.