Somebody buy this, please! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Somebody buy this, please!

PlasticGuy
06-04-2010, 17:48
I don't know what else to say. Somebody buy it so I don't have to. BAC, are you listening?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=172345105

bac1023
06-04-2010, 19:53
I don't know what else to say. Somebody buy it so I don't have to. BAC, are you listening?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=172345105

It is cool that John built a gun in true Swenson style. :)

I wonder how high the bidding will go. :dunno:

PlasticGuy
06-04-2010, 20:39
It is cool that John built a gun in true Swenson style. :)

I wonder how high the bidding will go. :dunno:
Yeah, I thought you'd like this one. I love it. I don't think I'll be able to afford the final bid after just buying a Yost and Ed Brown, but I wish I could.

bac1023
06-04-2010, 20:47
Yeah, I thought you'd like this one. I love it. I don't think I'll be able to afford the final bid after just buying a Yost and Ed Brown, but I wish I could.

It should go pretty high.

There's a lot of time left. :)

Rinspeed
06-04-2010, 21:34
I thought I remember reading that John built that pistol for Larry Vickers.

ETA; Here's some more pics to drool over.

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=43840&page=1&pp=10

PlasticGuy
06-05-2010, 11:16
I thought I remember reading that John built that pistol for Larry Vickers...[/URL]
I'd love to know of that's true. It would make a beautiful pistol even more interesting.

Rinspeed
06-05-2010, 11:46
Either I read it somewhere and it was bad information or my mind just isn't what it used to be. After finding this I'm sure it's not true.

http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6465

PlasticGuy
06-05-2010, 16:14
Either I read it somewhere and it was bad information or my mind just isn't what it used to be. After finding this I'm sure it's not true.[/URL]
Yeah, looks like. I like the styling of the one on Gunbroker anyway.

I've always loved the Swensen look. I love how distinct it is. He had a style all his own, and I have no doubt that this Harrison is built as well or better than the master could have done himself.

bac1023
06-05-2010, 16:35
I've always loved the Swensen look. I love how distinct it is. He had a style all his own, and I have no doubt that this Harrison is built as well or better than the master could have done himself.

:agree:

John Harrison is as good as it gets. :)

Jim Watson
06-05-2010, 19:49
Possibly nicer fit and finish than a real Swenson, but does it shoot? Few of these showpiece guns get much exercise.
Mr Swenson was a 2600 bullseye shooter and his guns would shoot possibles.

PlasticGuy
06-06-2010, 13:56
Possibly nicer fit and finish than a real Swenson, but does it shoot? Few of these showpiece guns get much exercise.
It was built by Harrison, who is one of the very best. It will shoot as good as it looks.

bac1023
06-06-2010, 17:00

I think it would shoot incredibly.

Harrison is top notch.

Jim Watson
06-06-2010, 17:21
I don't doubt it would... if it did.
I have seen very few targets shot by the current crop of high end guns, outside of fawning magazine articles... and I have seen the shooting being done for publication. Selective printing at best.

farscott
06-07-2010, 15:40
Mr. Watson,

I cannot speak for the targets for the Swenson tribute gun as I never fired it. However, I have fired a fair number of John's creations, including several which are mine. So I have some experience.

I do not believe John's pistols of my experience would excel at Bullseye as they are not test fired at fifty-yard ranges when John builds them. I know the range where he tested each gun at one time (and may still for that matter) and it is an indoor fifty-foot range.

My personal guns built by John are accurate, and my best fifty-yard groups with them have been about five inches. A friend who has one of John's creations built on a Kimber has had groups which more than halved mine. Of course, I have never asked John to build me a Bullseye gun, so perhaps his guns built for that discipline shoot better groups than my IDPA/range/carry guns. I also am not a decent Bullseye shooter. I also know John is/was a competitor but I do not know if he ever shoots/shot Bullseye. I also have to say that I have never seen a Bullseye gun built by John.

PlasticGuy
06-16-2010, 12:35
Last chance guys. Looks like it might go for less than $3000. If so, that's a relative bargain. I'd be all over this if I hadn't just depleted my gun fund on a Yost Signature and a Brown Special Forces in the last two months. It's somebody else's turn to take one for the team. :)