Glock Tactical Light vs Streamlight TLR-1 vs Surefire X300 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Tactical Light vs Streamlight TLR-1 vs Surefire X300

trdtacoma
06-04-2010, 21:47
I saw the post about the Streamlight and the Surefire, but I could not find anything on the Glock made Tactical light.

Any input on it vs the other two?

-Trevor-

RayB
06-04-2010, 23:36
The Glock tactical light, while not junk, is not in the same league as the Streamlight TLR-1 C4, Insight WX150, or SureFire X300...

If the Glock Light, as it is, retailed for $49,95, it would be a good value.

--Ray

High Altitude
06-04-2010, 23:49
It is an older design that works but there are better designs out there. I use one on a 19 for HD and it will get the job done.

Basically comes down to price vs value vs performance etc....

You use to be able to purchase law enforcement trade ins pretty frequently really cheap (where I got mine) but I haven't seen any lately.

RayB
06-05-2010, 15:25
If you can handle the bump in price, you'll want an LED-based illuminator, as LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are about 40% efficient at turning electricity into light (vs. a light bulb's, maybe 7% efficiency), so they produce more light with less power, greatly extending battery life and run times. And LEDs are nearly impervious to shock, so they're well suited for use as weapon-mounted illuminators.

Plus, the SureFire X300, Insight WX150, and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 are of more rugged construction, for serious duty applications. The SureFire and Insight are hardened for battlefield use.

Most all of us have a budget and priorities throughout our lives, and those priorities are subject to change through the years. I'd certainly accept a Glock Tactical Light for my bedside gun, if that's what practical matters at hand decided. Like I said, it isn't junk--it's just outdated.

--Ray

Cavalry Doc
06-05-2010, 15:28
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=618114

3W LED, 5mW red laser, $110.

:popcorn:

Cheap is not always bad.

TangoFoxtrot
06-06-2010, 05:49
The Glock light sucks! Go with the TRL-1

RyanNREMTP
06-06-2010, 12:25
My Glock light has a tendancy to have the light unscrew and fall out while shooting after a bit.

DrunkenParrot
06-06-2010, 12:30
If you can handle the bump in price, you'll want an LED-based illuminator, as LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are about 40% efficient at turning electricity into light (vs. a light bulb's, maybe 7% efficiency), so they produce more light with less power, greatly extending battery life and run times. And LEDs are nearly impervious to shock, so they're well suited for use as weapon-mounted illuminators.

Plus, the SureFire X300, Insight WX150, and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 are of more rugged construction, for serious duty applications. The SureFire and Insight are hardened for battlefield use.

Most all of us have a budget and priorities throughout our lives, and those priorities are subject to change through the years. I'd certainly accept a Glock Tactical Light for my bedside gun, if that's what practical matters at hand decided. Like I said, it isn't junk--it's just outdated.

--Ray

Listen to RayB he knows his stuff!!!! Great advice.

TSAX
06-06-2010, 14:31
The Glock tactical light, while not junk, is not in the same league as the Streamlight TLR-1 C4, Insight WX150, or SureFire X300...

If the Glock Light, as it is, retailed for $49,95, it would be a good value.

--Ray

Your right and there are always newer better products coming out, every year its the latest and greatest that people want