Truglo TFO Issue/problem/Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Truglo TFO Issue/problem/Question

DLL9mm
06-05-2010, 07:52
I recently bought a used G23 with some TFO sights on them. I noticed on the front sight, that the little fiber-optic/tritium tube is alittle loose. I can move it alittle with my finger. The front sight housing is on tight, but the tube is loose. Is this normal for these sights? Thanks!

JesseCJC
06-05-2010, 10:51
depends on how old they are. Use superglue or call Truglo to swap them out.

DLL9mm
06-05-2010, 11:42
depends on how old they are. Use superglue or call Truglo to swap them out.

I emailed Truglo. Where/how would you put the superglue? Would you remove the fiberoptic tube first?

glockfan2327
06-06-2010, 21:08
I recently bought a used G23 with some TFO sights on them. I noticed on the front sight, that the little fiber-optic/tritium tube is alittle loose. I can move it alittle with my finger. The front sight housing is on tight, but the tube is loose. Is this normal for these sights? Thanks!
yes I had this problem with TFO before in my glocks 23 and 27 , you need a short screw and use glue after this, I never had no more problems .

DLL9mm
06-07-2010, 05:10
yes I had this problem with TFO before in my glocks 23 and 27 , you need a short screw and use glue after this, I never had no more problems .

Question....Where and what do you glue. Does the vial have to be removed? Hopefully truglo emails me back today with good news.

Concealed30
06-09-2010, 18:33
I would send them back, they have a 12 year warranty, tell them you want them replaced, thats why they have a warranty. You can tell how well a sight is made by how long they warrenty them. Thats just my opionion, I would not glue anything, but to each his own...Its a decsion you will have to make for yourself..........G30

DLL9mm
06-09-2010, 18:37
I emailed them and they told me that the tube is supposed to be loose. Hmmmm.

Concealed30
06-09-2010, 19:36
had mine for over 3 years on my major-sub .45 ACP and was putting plus p rounds downrange every time I shot it and mine were never loose at all..:director: thats what Id be doing..LOL