G21 Glock Rail Question (Not Pic Rail) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G21 Glock Rail Question (Not Pic Rail)

Chiselchst
06-06-2010, 02:19
Greetings,

This is my 1st post here, great forum!

Will the standard G21 Glock rail allow mounting of most of the lights on the market, like a TRL-2? A have a couple of TRL-2's and like them...

Or will I need to get the one with a Pic Rail? I'm shopping for a G21 now and wanted to learn that prior to buying one.

(I had a G21 many years ago, and sold it. Shot it again while at the range recently, and liked it, and the accuracy. I have a few Sigs & Para's now...and want a Glock)

Thanks in advance!

8541/9999
06-07-2010, 06:26
I will allow mounting of your trl-1 just the way it is. just be aware that some Glocks are tempermental and do not like lights hung off of them rusulting in feeding problems, Glocks answer to this in the past was to tell consumers to get newer magazine springs with more coils in them to give the rounds an extra push while the slide is to the rear in the cycle of operation. Thats why they have went with a double spring approach in the Glock Gen-4 series. Try your light with your Glock on the range with your defensive loads and make sure you have no problems before relying on this in a real world situation.