Speer 124gr Gold dot +p, is it only in "short barrel"? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Speer 124gr Gold dot +p, is it only in "short barrel"?


Erick123
06-06-2010, 16:20
I've been looking up and down the websites for "speer gold dot 124g +p".

But all I can't find is Speer gold dot 124g +p short barrel.

What is the one I am looking for?

I am almost about to give up and get the winchester t 127g +p+.


Thanks guys!

17119jfkioe
06-06-2010, 16:34
short barrel will be fine

If you have a SHORT barrel then the round can achieve maximum velocity, as it is designed to

If you have a long barrel, then you will get extra velocity

Just because it is labeled short barrel doesnt mean you have to use it in a short barrel

I just picked up 3 boxes of the same ammo for my glock 17

HeavyRevolver
06-06-2010, 16:34
If you're going to the 127 gr +p+, Buffalo Bore has a +p+ that's 100 fps faster and uses the gold dot bullet. Recoil isn't even much more noticeable than regular +p.

FatBoy
06-06-2010, 17:44
IF you have a short barrel get the SB, but if not look for sellforless on gunbroker. They almost always have speer 124+p. I have purchased a few cases of speer ammo from them in the past.

FB

fastbolt
06-06-2010, 18:28
If you look on the Speer LE website you can find more info on the Gold Dot ammunition ...

Gold Dot page:
http://le.atk.com/general/speerproducts/handgun/golddot.aspx

Gold Dot Short Barrel page:
http://le.atk.com/general/speerproducts/handgun/golddotshortbarrel.aspx

You can see some differences when examining the Details sections, but the Short Barrel bullets are also advertised as incorporating some design differences (at least that was the gist in the engineering package published for the 135gr .38Spl +P load).

Erick123
06-06-2010, 20:08
I can't find any place that sells for normal speer 124g +P, only in the "short barrel".

Do any of you guys know where I can look?

I checked gunbroker, but they want a ID, I don't feel like scanning / faxing my ID in.

cowboy1964
06-06-2010, 21:08
I checked gunbroker, but they want a ID, I don't feel like scanning / faxing my ID in.

:whistling:

Erick123
06-06-2010, 21:12
:whistling:

is that a bad thing?

Erick123
06-06-2010, 22:15
Screw it, I just ordered some winchester t 127g +p+.

I will be looking at the Buffalo Bore, next.

Erick123
06-06-2010, 22:18
If you're going to the 127 gr +p+, Buffalo Bore has a +p+ that's 100 fps faster and uses the gold dot bullet. Recoil isn't even much more noticeable than regular +p.


HeavyRevolver, is this the ammo?

http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=119

Thanks man!

Kalmah
06-07-2010, 16:53
I can't find any place that sells for normal speer 124g +P, only in the "short barrel".

Do any of you guys know where I can look?

I checked gunbroker, but they want a ID, I don't feel like scanning / faxing my ID in.
I know you just got some Winchesters, but if you'd still like to get some +P Gold Dots, Streicher's (link at the top of the page) doesn't currently have any in stock, but they will let you backorder some.

What you could do is order from Streicher's, but still keep checking other vendors. If you find some elsewhere, then cancel your Streicher's order. If you don't find any elsewhere, then at least you know you have some coming eventually. The backorder will probably take several months, but you will get some.

Erick123
06-08-2010, 09:54
Thanks for that tip Kalmah.

I got my glock 17 rtf3, I took pics but my computer power sorce got fried so I can't post pics :(.

RMD
06-08-2010, 10:41
I've been looking up and down the websites for "speer gold dot 124g +p".

But all I can't find is Speer gold dot 124g +p short barrel.

What is the one I am looking for?

I am almost about to give up and get the winchester t 127g +p+.


Thanks guys!

They are harder to find, but they do exist.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=172733624

jg19
06-08-2010, 17:59
where did u get the winchester t 127g +p+?

I'm looking to try them in my G19

Erick123
06-08-2010, 18:28
where did u get the winchester t 127g +p+?

I'm looking to try them in my G19

Here you got, right up top.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/9mm-hollow-point-ammo



This is where I order about 75% of my ammo, the other 25% wally world.

I sent you a PM with the link too.