Minimum number of shots for SD: Mozambique? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Minimum number of shots for SD: Mozambique?

CDR_Glock
06-06-2010, 17:45
Mas

I have read that Controlled pairs is how anyone should approach a gunfight. Gabriel Suarez advocated the Mozambique (2 shots to the center and one to the head). What method do you prefer?

With Center of Mass Shots, do you recommend two shots to the abdomen or the chest?

I pray I never have to use my gun. But I would like to be prepared.

CDR Glock

Mas Ayoob
06-06-2010, 19:32
Lots of different theories out there...trouble is, each encounter will be different. Some opponents drop to a single shot, some take a dozen or more hits.

No one formula -- controlled pair, Mozambique, or anything else -- comes with any guarantees. If a couple in the chest didn't work, it's probably time to pick another part of the anatomy to target, and strong arguments can be made for both pelvic girdle and brain as targets of choice at this point. The situation, and what you can realistically hit, will likely decide that for you.

Practice as much as possible transitioning seamlessly between points of aim on anatomic targets...and getting solid, center hits near point of aim. More than that will take a crystal ball as part of your preparation.

Best of luck,
Mas