Hi Standard... "Covert" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hi Standard... "Covert"

GOOFA
06-07-2010, 14:08
Does anyone have any knowledge of the above. It is supposedly a new model from Hi Standard. Are the Hi Standards manufactured by Armscor? Whats your take on the current Hi Standard Models?

Jason D
06-07-2010, 17:04
Their cheap models are made by Armscor, and would be the same quality wise as the Rock Island guns. There more expensive guns are claimed to be made in house.

I have one of their Camp Perry Models that I bought last fall.
I don't see any thing on it to indicate it was made elsewhere, and it's even marked as being made in the USA.

That said this gun has bugs. For the money I paid (just over 1K) I could have gotten something a lot nicer. The gun shoots two inches high at 25 yards with the rear sight bottomed out, and the rear sight was mounted off center. The sear spring had been ground on enough that the gun was unsafe.

It started dropping the hammer every time the slide was released.
The recoil spring was so strong that the gun would malfunction with just about any ammo. You could even see where they has cut the spring down to get the gun to function with their ammo.

My frame is cast, but the slide if forged fwiw.

If I had to do it over again, I would have ponied up the extra 800 or so dollars and bought a CMP legal Springfield from the Custom shop.