2022 Slide not locking on last round [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Slide not locking on last round

UrbanOps
06-08-2010, 00:16
Since I purchased my SP2022 a few months ago I've put ~750 rounds through it with no problems. Yesterday at the range, after the last round in each mag, the slide wouldn't lock back. I was shooting Winchester 9mm NATO and then switched to Speer Lawnman 124gr. It didn't matter what mag or ammo combo I used, the slide wouldn't lock. Any ideas on the question? I thought shirley the mags were to blame but I doubt I have 3 bad mags that are basically new.

SIGSAREBETTER
06-08-2010, 00:23
I found that my thumbs high old was doing it on mine........I made sure the thumbs were low and the problems disappeared. Not trying to be flip, I'm serious.

UrbanOps
06-08-2010, 00:25
That crossed my mind until I had my brother-in-law shoot it, he's a lefty.

Cobra64
06-08-2010, 00:28
I found that my thumbs high old was doing it on mine........I made sure the thumbs were low and the problems disappeared. Not trying to be flip, I'm serious.

Correct. The best, easiest way to confirm the thumb riding the slide lock lever is to shoot a few rounds on each of near empty mags left handed.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Grayguns%20Classes/LeftGrip2.jpg

Defender77
06-13-2010, 18:35
Does it happen with all of your mags or only one?

Isolate the mag that's not allowing the slide lock....or if all of your mags are doing this then take them all apart and turn the mag spring UPSIDE-DOWN and re-insert them and put your mags back together.

Same thing happened to me, my P229 would not slide lock after the last round was fired...and it turns out I had my mag springs in backwards. :whistling:

UrbanOps
06-13-2010, 19:25
Does it happen with all of your mags or only one?

Isolate the mag that's not allowing the slide lock....or if all of your mags are doing this then take them all apart and turn the mag spring UPSIDE-DOWN and re-insert them and put your mags back together.

Same thing happened to me, my P229 would not slide lock after the last round was fired...and it turns out I had my mag springs in backwards. :whistling:

Every mag. My 3rd mag only has about 150 rounds through it. I'm not thinking it's a mag problem. It's definately not a "grip" problem either as myself and my left handed brother in law has shot the weapon.

Defender77
06-17-2010, 21:24
Every mag. My 3rd mag only has about 150 rounds through it. I'm not thinking it's a mag problem. It's definately not a "grip" problem either as myself and my left handed brother in law has shot the weapon.

If the mag spring is backwards (speaking only for my P229, SIG-brand 9mm mags) then it will not push up that black, plastic piece far enough to make the gun engage slide lock.

Try reversing them anyway, maybe they were installed wrong by the factory.