I'm considering a PM9. Two questions please. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm considering a PM9. Two questions please.

Roger G23
06-08-2010, 17:25
Does the PM9 have some metal one the guide rails on the stock or is it all polymer holding the slide onto the stock?

Is it necessary to carry the short barrel self defense ammo or does the PM9 do well with the regular, say Gold Dot 124 grain +P (not short barrel ammo)

I would appreciate input as I'm trying to learn more about the PM9 which I understand is a fine pistol. :cool:

RevDerb
06-08-2010, 17:31
Does the PM9 have some metal one the guide rails on the stock or is it all polymer holding the slide onto the stock?

Is it necessary to carry the short barrel self defense ammo or does the PM9 do well with the regular, say Gold Dot 124 grain +P (not short barrel ammo)

I would appreciate input as I'm trying to learn more about the PM9 which I understand is a fine pistol. :cool:
There are definitely metal inserts in the polymer frame if that is what you are asking. The PM9 can handle any factory ammo that you choose to put through it. In my opinion the PM9 is the ultimate concealed carry 9mm. Functions flawlessly, is comfortable and accurate to shoot. A little pricey but worth the $$ if you can afford them. $575 - $640 around here.

Roger G23
06-08-2010, 17:41
I appreciate your input very much.

Linux3
06-08-2010, 18:41
OK maybe I'm cheap but I carry Remington 9MM 115 Gr. JHP, aka L9MM1B.
I buy 100 round boxes from Walmart for around $24.00.

The price allows me to shoot it often. For target shooting I use WWB 115 Gr. FMJ or American Eagle 124 Gr. FMJ. It all works.

See the little "nibble" in the rail? Ignore that. All Kahr's have it.

Caver 60
06-08-2010, 22:03
Look at the sticky right above your post.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765313

user
06-10-2010, 04:53
I find the PM9 too light and small to be easily controllable with higher powered +P ammo. I find the 124 grain semijacketed hollow point cartridges from Federal/Speer in conventional loadings to be best. But those have enough kinetic energy at fifty yards to break human bone, so I'm pretty sure they'll work at normal defensive range. People get too worked up about technicalities about ammunition. Anything more than that which will be effective is kind of pointless. I really doubt that Speer Gold Dots are any better, in terms of real effectiveness than Federal HST, for example. I wouldn't rely on target or range ammo like Winchester "white box" for defensive purposes, though.