Tell me what you think about this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think about this?

RMTactical
06-08-2010, 19:42
So, the other day I bought a CProducts 1911 mag, wanted to test it and compare it with other mags.

When I got it, BRAND NEW, it had scratches up and down and on both sides. I didn't think it was that big of a deal although I was disappointed that it appeared to have been well used.

So, I posted this observation on AR15.com's 1911 forum and I get this response from someone.

Judging it by scratches?? Seriously?

WTF?

Would you not be irritated to have bought something brand new and it has scratches on it? Sorry, but that makes me think it is not BRAND NEW, but used.

This was my response to the guy.

Like I said, I won't ***** until I see if it works or not.

That said, the scratches may be nothing, but when I buy something BRAND NEW I expect it to look the part. I don't think I have ever bought something labeled as brand new that was this rough looking though. Obviously this is being labeled as "new" when in fact it is anything but. May not be a big deal, but it doesn't exactly speak well for CProducts IMO. Who knows, maybe it was AIM's fault, but it was still sealed in a package when I got it so I am guessing it is not AIM. Could be wrong though.

Edited to add picture:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u87/RMTactical/IMG_6794.jpg

Slightly used Wilson Combat mag on the left, brand new CProducts mag on the right. It actually looks worse in real life and has a ton of scratches on the other side as well. I plan on using it and testing it out in comparison to some other mags. Results will be posted on my blog eventually.

If it works well, I will probably buy more, despite the scratches on it, as the price is right.

Am I crazy??

SouthpawShootr
06-08-2010, 19:48
Looks like contact between a grip screw or bushing (more likely) during insertion. Yeah, it would get my hackles up. I buy new, I expect new. It might be permissible IF (and this is unlikely) they were testing each and every mag through a real gun for function. Even then, they should still try to avoid beating up the mags. It's going to get scratches from use, but I want to put them there.

BOGE
06-08-2010, 21:23
I have many scratches on my back from years as a talented lover. I see no problem. :supergrin:

Fire_Medic
06-08-2010, 21:42
I have many scratches on my back from years as a talented lover. I see no problem. :supergrin:
:rofl:

On a serious note, RMT that magazine does in fact looked used, and maybe you and me are both crazy but I am of your same opinion.

:wavey:

Cobra64
06-08-2010, 22:02

:supergrin:

Even when you were brand new? :rofl:

The_Drizzle
06-09-2010, 00:58
Who is this guy on AR15.com? I have some "brand new" stuff to sell him. Only minor wear. Doesn't seem like he would mind.

pistolwrench
06-09-2010, 01:06
If they work and if they are cheap, to hell with slight scratches.
I think you are being too fussy!
My mags get dropped on rocks, gravel and dirt and get stepped on while moving. They look it too!
Do you also worry about keeping your tires clean?
Different strokes, different folks.

COLDSTEEL165
06-09-2010, 01:12
I went out & bought a couple of TRIPPS magazines from Virgil Tripps co. I read where LEO carry them every day & they work great with any JHP ammo & that was good enough of a sales pitch for me. I have a SA Mil- Spec 1911 only a few months old to use them in.

okie
06-09-2010, 01:32
I'd be pissed also if I bought a new mag that looked like that:wavey:

kirgi08
06-09-2010, 01:46
So, the other day I bought a CProducts 1911 mag, wanted to test it and compare it with other mags.

When I got it, BRAND NEW, it had scratches up and down and on both sides. I didn't think it was that big of a deal although I was disappointed that it appeared to have been well used.

So, I posted this observation on AR15.com's 1911 forum and I get this response from someone.

WTF?

Would you not be irritated to have bought something brand new and it has scratches on it? Sorry, but that makes me think it is not BRAND NEW, but used.

This was my response to the guy.

Am I crazy??

No,your not.I'd raise he l also.'08.:shocked:

GlockSupremacy
06-09-2010, 02:17
Honestly it doesn't affect function in any way so I personally would not care. However you are the customer and are entitled to get a 100% virgin magazine.

At least you got the magazines you paid for....

Let me take the time to say when i bought a crap ton of ar mags from them, i was short a few and never got a response from 3 calls/messages and 3 emails i left them.

To be the only company I have encountered in my life that i will never buy from again says something.

Makes me think my "lifetime warranty" will get the same treatment....

RMTactical
06-09-2010, 02:20
If they work and if they are cheap, to hell with slight scratches.
I think you are being too fussy!
My mags get dropped on rocks, gravel and dirt and get stepped on while moving. They look it too!
Do you also worry about keeping your tires clean?
Different strokes, different folks.

Yes, actually, I wash and armorall my tires, and I replace them probably sooner than they need to be...

The pictures don't do justice for how bad this mag looks, trust me.

That said, I don't mind scratches on my used mags. It's just that, like SouthpawShootr stated, I want to put them there. I just want them to work more than anything else. I wouldn't care about the looks if these were the best mags on the planet, I just thought I was buying BRAND NEW. I would fear selling this mag under the impression that it was even slightly used with these scratches for fear that the buyer would think me a liar.

What if your brand new Rock Island Armory 1911 had scratches on it? Hey, maybe it works, maybe you got it for cheap, but you still bought it brand new, you don't expect it to be scratched up...

FM12
06-09-2010, 22:50
iF IT WORKS ok AND FUNCTIONS WELL, i'D KEEPIT. bUT BE WARY OF MORE PURCHASES

gruntmedik
06-10-2010, 00:16
Someone hit the Caps Lock key. :whistling:

I agree, If I'm buying new, I expect it to at least look new.