SOG Trident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SOG Trident

mikeyU
06-08-2010, 21:59
The girlfriend bought me a SOG Trident, Im curious if anyone has one, can I beat on it, and will it last? I always had Benchmade and am curious on thoughts on SOG and the Trident. It seems well built. Thank you:wavey:

nky1129
06-09-2010, 09:36
I own, and occasionally carry a SOG Trident Tanto. I've found it too be a high quality, affordable knife. I'm not an expert, but I do collect and use a wide variety of blades. The assisted opening is super fast and the lock-up is great. The pocket clip is one of the best. It lets the knife sit very deep in your pocket. The safety is a little annoying though. It tends to turn itself "on" when in your pocket, and when you go to open it you have to turn it off. Just gets getting used to. About the only thing I don't like about it is the cut-out in the grip that exposes a small portion of the blade when closed. I think it was supposed to be for cutting seatbelts or something like that. I've found that the only thing that it really works for is fishing line.

ironhead79
06-10-2010, 10:54
I have one and also found the 'blade closed cutter' to not work well at all. Pretty solid knife, for the price. A little bulky in the pocket for me - just the shape. Only blade failure - broke tip (tanto) - lent it to a coworker who thought it would be cool to cut electrical mat on concrete.

AFshooter
06-16-2010, 01:26
I was issued one about a year ago and it's my daily carry. The blade closed cutter is for cord and string, not webbing. It works ok for that. Mine is the tiger stripe version. I use it all the time and it hasn't failed me yet.

chance3290
06-25-2010, 05:16
I did have a pocket clip snap on mine....SOG had another to me within a couple of days. That said, it is a fast opening, affordable knife. It's my everyday carry.