Speer Gold Dot - What happened to the dot? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Speer Gold Dot - What happened to the dot?

ls
06-08-2010, 23:45
Years ago I bought some Gold Dot ammo that has an elevated column in the center that looks like a dot. Does any one know:
1) What I am talking about?
2) When and for how long did they make this ammo?
3) What happened to the dot (Was there a problem with the design or was it a matter of cutting cost to leave it out)?
4) Is is ok to use the dot ammo I have?

hurley842002
06-08-2010, 23:57
Years ago I bought some Gold Dot ammo that has an elevated column in the center that looks like a dot. Does any one know:
3) What happened to the dot (Was there a problem with the design or was it a matter of cutting cost to leave it out)?

I'm not quite familiar with the design you are talking about, any way you could take a picture of one of them?

gh0st614
06-09-2010, 00:54
I thought the dot was only visible on expanded rounds. I cant see it in any of mine.

Merkavaboy
06-09-2010, 01:33

The only current HP ammo that has an "elevated column in the center" is the Federal Hydra-Shok design. Gold Dots have a conventional looking hollow cavity bullet. There's nothing inside it.

EL COLONEL
06-09-2010, 02:53
That's a hydra shock....................:wavey:

cadillacguns
06-09-2010, 02:57
Federal Hydra shocks, use em up.

ls
06-09-2010, 08:17
Thanks. You are all correct about it being Federal Hydra Shock.