Subcompact sights on a compact [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Subcompact sights on a compact

G23shooter
06-09-2010, 07:05
I am looking to put some new sights on my 23. I was looking at Meprolights, more specificly the ones made for the subcompacts where the rear sits a bit further back to give you a slightly longer sight radious. I was wondering if it would give you a longer sight radious on the subcom then it would do the same on the compact. Has anyone tried these sights on a 19, 23, 33, ect?? Or does anyone have any input as to why they would / wouldn't work?

AZBru88
06-09-2010, 07:34
I just put a set of these Tru Glo's (http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_37&products_id=437) on my G26 yesterday. Super bright in daylight, not good at night or low light (I have Crimson Trace on my G26 so don't care). These are a longer rear sight. Only increased sight radius by maybe 1/3" Not big enough to worry about. I have seen sights that hang over the back of the slide (easily broken off or to catch on something), wouldn't recommend those. I really don't think the 1/3" or 1/2" you might gain will make a big differance.
PS probabaly lost 3/4" radius off the front sight! These are shorter then factory sights.

samuse
06-09-2010, 21:11
I actually put a set of the exact sights your referring to on my brothers G-23. Shoots fine. No worries.

scprotector1
06-09-2010, 21:15
I have some from ameriglo that have a rear sight radius like that. They are Ameriglo Pro Operators

dcsamps
06-09-2010, 21:28
+1 for the Ameriglo Pro Operators, I have them on a couple of my Glocks. Visit their website and check them out. I believe if you use the word "grady" in the promotional code area you can get a discount of something like 17%. It worked for me the last two times I ordered from them. It seems to me prices for night sights have increased over the last 6 months.

G23shooter
06-10-2010, 06:50
I actually put a set of the exact sights your referring to on my brothers G-23. Shoots fine. No worries.

Any chance you have or can get a picture, just curious to see what it looks like.

samuse
06-12-2010, 08:54
Any chance you have or can get a picture, just curious to see what it looks like.

No pics, he's about 5 hours from me. The sights look right at home, the back half of the Glock slides are the same for all of the Glocks in 9mm, 40S&W and .357sig, so the sights fit perfectly.