Short barrel ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Short barrel ammo

AZGLOCKAZ
06-09-2010, 19:51
I have been researching self-defense ammo a lot recently and really think Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P is what I want to test in my G19 for my carry load.

I have found they also make a short-barrel version of the 124gr+P for smaller guns. I have noticed many comments and articles I have read mention G26s and other similar 3" barreled sub-compacts. My wife wants a G26, I know this will be a great round for her gun but will it work as well in a 4" compact like my G19? I would love the ability to buy one cartridge that will work in both our guns without having to buy the regular and short-barrel version of the same ammo. Any feedback will be appreciated.

rome2240sw
06-09-2010, 19:56
Trust me the shor-barrel ammo will work in both guns. if ya want to be safer just try the 115gr loads because they work best with guns with shorter barrels.

cowboy1964
06-09-2010, 21:31
G26 barrel is 3.46". Fairly long for a small gun.

I just get the regular Gold Dots since they are a lot less expensive. 50 round box is barely more than a 20 round box of Short Barrel. For that reason alone it's worth whatever hassle of having both types if you really do want Short Barrel for the 26.

RMD
06-10-2010, 09:17
I have been researching self-defense ammo a lot recently and really think Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P is what I want to test in my G19 for my carry load.

I have found they also make a short-barrel version of the 124gr+P for smaller guns. I have noticed many comments and articles I have read mention G26s and other similar 3" barreled sub-compacts. My wife wants a G26, I know this will be a great round for her gun but will it work as well in a 4" compact like my G19? I would love the ability to buy one cartridge that will work in both our guns without having to buy the regular and short-barrel version of the same ammo. Any feedback will be appreciated.

All versions ('regular', +P, +P short barrel) of 124 grain Gold Dots will work just fine in both pistols.