What would you do? 45 ACP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? 45 ACP

CDR_Glock
06-09-2010, 21:07
Every week I check at Wally World for 45 ACP.

My favorite gun store sells a 1 box limit. I don't shoot reloads.

So the cashier asks, "How much do you need?"

"I respond how much do you have?" I responded.

"600 rounds", he replied.

"I will take all that you have. Ring it up." I said.

It will be used since I shoot weekly. I got some for a friend, also.

So, if you have the funds and you have been searching for so long, do you clean them out or buy only 1 or 2?

RedHaze
06-09-2010, 21:26
I'm married... so I never have the funds. It's a couple boxes at a time for me usually.

Randy from Kansas
06-09-2010, 21:43
Buy them

but then I reload and would buy supplies instead

MrVvrroomm
06-09-2010, 22:08
but then I reload and would buy supplies instead
+1 for me

fredj338
06-09-2010, 22:58
If you need them, buy them. Me, I reload my own or if I have to have factory, buy online.

HeavyRevolver
06-10-2010, 02:30
Blazer is all over the net and cheap. If you don't reload(and therefore don't save your brass), to which I haven't gotten into yet, but plan to in the future, then the aluminum case is irrelevant.

I guess people don't like it, I see it everywhere online and it's the cheapest .45, yet accurate and very clean.

I can get 500 rounds of it for 180$.

CDR_Glock
06-10-2010, 05:07
Blazer is all over the net and cheap. If you don't reload(and therefore don't save your brass), to which I haven't gotten into yet, but plan to in the future, then the aluminum case is irrelevant.

I guess people don't like it, I see it everywhere online and it's the cheapest .45, yet accurate and very clean.

I will keep it in mind.

Wally World sells it for $33 per 100.

It makes reloading less compelling. I just don't have the time or space for it.

beforeobamabans
06-10-2010, 06:56

Yup. Just ordered 500. $184 delivered. Some have it for even less but get cleaned out pretty quickly. I've also been buying UMC brass at Dick's when they have their 10% off sales at $18/50 (unlimited quantities).

G19aps
06-10-2010, 07:13
The infrequent times I go in to Wally World, I buy the maximum allowed if they have it. Then I don't have to go back for a couple of months. What kind of ticks me off, is seeing dealers at the gunshows with the same 100 round packs +$10 each and you know they're the reason why Wally World never has ammo. Not that there's anything wrong, business-wise, about doing that... just ticks me off.

GunFighter45ACP
06-10-2010, 07:54
I buy what I can according to the local market. I don't reload, so if it's hard for me to find a particular ball/fmj ammo in stock, I'll buy what they have, as they have it.

Another option to consider (& 1 that I use, too) is to pick up something in say, 9mm & use it for training/plinking purposes on those occasions when your primary caliber isn't plentiful. I did this a while back when ammo prices & availability first started getting stupid & have been quite satisfied w/how things have worked out. I knew recoil & handling characteristics won't be the same as my .45s are, but I'd rather trade this off than my skills when the ammo I want/need isn't available.

deathpriest
06-10-2010, 08:06
I would buy all I need and can afford, when I need it and can afford it.

RMTactical
06-10-2010, 13:36
I buy however much I can afford up to the limit or until they are cleaned out in some cases, but only if I am gonna use it.

CDR_Glock
06-10-2010, 15:20
The infrequent times I go in to Wally World, I buy the maximum allowed if they have it. Then I don't have to go back for a couple of months. What kind of ticks me off, is seeing dealers at the gunshows with the same 100 round packs +$10 each and you know they're the reason why Wally World never has ammo. Not that there's anything wrong, business-wise, about doing that... just ticks me off.

I would be mad too. They do that with ammo, toys and other stuff at the flea market.

CDR_Glock
06-23-2010, 07:22
They had more, a few days ago. I only got 100 rounds.

06-23-2010, 09:25
So the cashier asks, "How much do you need?"

"How much do you have?", I responded.

"600 rounds", he replied.

"I will take all that you have. Ring it up." I said.

This. :supergrin:

shooting4pizza
06-23-2010, 09:52
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/45-acp-fmj-ammo

TulAmmo - 50 / $17.95 or 500 / $ 177.95

07hemi4me
06-24-2010, 17:36
For the last month or so, My Wally worlds shelves have been FULL, ALL calibers...

it has been great, walk in and get what I need and there is still lots left.

Jeepnik
06-24-2010, 17:44
Either the folks that shoot alot of factory ammo are very rich, or they don't eat much. As mentioned, learn to reload. And, while you are at it, learn to cast. And please, let's not start the "you shouldn't shoot cast bullets in a Glock" thing again. Of course Glock doesn't recommend it. Heck, they tell you using reloads void your warranty and all other sorts of dire things. But their motivation is "their" liability. I'm suprised gun makers actually suggest you load the darned things at all, much less fire them.

DrugRunR
06-24-2010, 18:11
I went into Walmart and they had 30 boxes of Winchester 333 22lr on the shelf. They were still $9.50 a box (333 rds per box).
The sign wasn't up any more that said limit 6 per customer.
So I told the guy I wanted 10 boxes. He said there is a limit of 6 boxes per customer.
I said the sign isn't up anymore and they have 30 boxes on the shelf. I told him that when I was in there earlier in the week they had 20 boxes.
He told me the same deal. 6 boxes.
I said call whoever is in charge here.
He picked up the phone. The manager said sell him whatever he wants with no limits.
So he grabs 10 boxes and starts ringing them up. I said, I changed my mind. I want 20 boxes instead. He didn't give me any hassle and rung them up.
I currently have about 10K rounds of 333 Winchester 22lr on my shelf.

They have been getting more ammo in lately. I still haven't seen any bulk boxes of 380.
I know in charleston (sc), one of the local gun stores/ranges goes into walmart and buys all the ammo they have and then takes it back to resell for a higher price.

GLOCKdNlocked
06-25-2010, 01:28
Not sure about your area, but as of late my Wally World has been getting them in. First time ever I saw Federal range ammo at the store... so I bought them all! :tongueout: Actually, I bought 10 boxes, they had 2 left but we'll see how long that last. Plenty of Remington UMC, 50pk and 250 mega packs. The Feds were so cheap I had to take advantage, plus I knew if I didn't do it then someone else would cause they ALWAYS do!

Chonny
06-25-2010, 19:13
I'd buy them however I'm not huge on stocking ammo but I always buy a spare box of American Eagle in addition to whatever I wanna shoot at the range. The spare box goes in my small ammo selection which I have basically if its the end of the month, I'm broke, and wanna go to the range. Of course I am always ready for a zombie uprising.

GLOCKdNlocked
06-25-2010, 21:53
Went back to wally world again and saw WWBs but they stop selling at the time. Going to buy them out tomorrow as well. Plenty of Remingtons left.

Glolt20-91
06-25-2010, 23:25
If there's a certain box limit, bring friends. :supergrin:

Bob :cowboy:

GLOCKdNlocked
06-26-2010, 05:26
If there's a certain box limit, bring friends. :supergrin:

Bob :cowboy:

No limits here. ;)