How do you make an Excel graph so the X-axis is to scale with the data? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you make an Excel graph so the X-axis is to scale with the data?

Originalsin
06-10-2010, 03:06
Hi all,

I'm trying to plot some data I have on Excel 2003. The data is from a 14-day set of observations. Not every day has data, and some of the data is from between days, eg. day 13.5. For example, I have data for days 0.5, 1, 4, 7, 11, 12 etc, but not for days 2 or 3. I have no problem making a graph, but the problem is that I cannot make it to scale. For example, I would like days 0.5 and 1 to appear 0.5 arbitrary units apart on the X-axis, and days 1 and 4 to be 3 units apart, to give a visually accurate representation of how the data is changing over time. Plotting them all 1 unit apart regardless of days between does not look good, and does not really represent the data well.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Originalsin

Originalsin
06-10-2010, 03:53
Right. Found a way. Had to do it as a scatterplot. That seems to work.

Next thing to figure out is how can I make it so that the data starts at day 7, with day 14 in the middle, and continues to day 7 again... mutter mutter mutter...

Even if I can modify the labels on the X-axis afterwards, that would work, if there's a way...:impatient::brickwall:

Originalsin
06-10-2010, 04:09
Sorted.