New HK45c Range Report and Barrel Wear ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New HK45c Range Report and Barrel Wear ?

pitt1011
06-11-2010, 07:34
I took my new HK45c out to the range on Thursday. I ran 50 rds of AE 230 grn FMj and 50 rds of WWB 230 grn JHP's through it. I had zero malfunctions and the pistol's accuracy was great. I also brought my Kimber Custom II along and I grouped better at 15 yds with the HK45c than with the Kimber. Recoil wasn't bad. I felt more recoil with the HK45c than with the Kimber but the Kimber is a full size steel pistol so I wasn't surprised about that. It did feel better than the other compact .45s I've shot in the past.

I thought the single action trigger pull was great. The double action was heavy but was manageable. The only thing I will have to get used to is the reset. Its much longer than I'm used to. I've been shooting Glocks a lot recently and am more used to their reset. There were a few time I thought I had released the trigger enought to reset it but that wasn't the case.

The only concern I have is a spot on a barrel that I'm not sure is normal wear or something to be concerned about. This my first HK and I'm not sure how it wears over time. The spot is located on the right side of the barrel (if you're holding the pistol) and is not visible unless the pistol is broken down or I sling-shot the slide to release the slide lock. Its small but only appears on one side of the barrel. It is smooth to the touch and feels no different than the surface of the rest of the barrel. I'm confident its not the finish flaking off or a gouge to the surface of the barrel. I'm just looking for some reassurance from some more experienced HK hands that the wear is normal.

I looked for pictures of HK45 or USP barrel wear pictures on the 'net but only found a few USPf pics. The barrels looked very worn but I couldn't tell if what I'm looking at is normal.

Anyway, here is a pic for review. Thanks for any help you all can provide.

H&K 4 LIFE
06-11-2010, 08:05
The wear is nothing to worry about.

The wear will also increase further then that with continued usage with no adverse effect.

pitt1011
06-11-2010, 08:23
Good!, the pics I found of USPf's barrels were very worn and I assumed after a a couple of thousand rounds mine would start to look the same. Just the odd shape and asymmetrical nature of the wear raised some concern. I loved the way this pistol shot and look forward to carrying it.

Chonny
06-11-2010, 10:29
Yeah thats just the normal wear usage. It is going to lose its finish in places.

gtmtnbiker98
06-11-2010, 15:14
My new HK45c looks the exact same.

pitt1011
06-11-2010, 18:19
My new HK45c looks the exact same.

Thats good to know, thanks