Opinions? Surefire 618LM (LED w/ TIR lens) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions? Surefire 618LM (LED w/ TIR lens)

BamaBud
06-11-2010, 11:29
I was reading about the new Surefire fore-end that has the LED and a TIR lens. Here is the description from the Surefire site:

Compact 6-volt (2-battery) system features a virtually indestructible LED emitter focused by a TIR lens, which produces a brilliant beam optimized for close- to medium range applications. The 618LM generates 200 lumens of output and has a tactical runtime of 2 hours per set of batteries, with gradually decreasing output afterward.

http://www.surefire.com/618LM

Does anyone have any experience with the Surefire LEDs? And/or this LED with the special lens?

I've searched here and in tacticalshotguns forum (http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=e759144a1c0fa58a2f64193a7ae64ffb) and haven't found anything.

Any info will be appreciated.

B Coyote
06-11-2010, 12:49
Surefire makes an excellent product. I had the old Xenon-bulb light on my previous shotgun and never had issues. Their LED products are only better as they have longer battery life and are far more durable.

bc

aippi
06-11-2010, 17:06
I use them and I am a Surefire dealer so I have a little expirence with them. I find the LED a fuller bright light at closer distance. The incandesent seems to reach out further. I also like the spot the incandesent has as I have found at the right range, anything inside that spot catches buckshot. So it is like a secondary aiming device.

As for surefire, yes, it cost. The light you are asking about retails for $375.oo. It will be the last light you will ever need for that 870 as they have a life time warranty and Surefire has the best customer service in the business.

BamaBud
06-11-2010, 18:29
Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if the Surefire Leds were that much better. I was thinking of getting an incandescent Surefire and adding a Malkoff led.

I've got a few different 870s, and I will probably try the 618LM against the Malkoff when I get a chance.

Thanks again.