Just ordered my first H&K.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my first H&K....

DAT85
06-11-2010, 16:19
Greetings,
The title says it all.AIM has a bunch of USP full size 9mm's with the UTL as well as the jet funnel and 2 18 rd mags for sale and I could not resist.In all the years of shooting(45+),this is the first H&K product I have owned.I decided that for a nightstand pistol,a light is a necessity and for the price,I just couldn't resist.
My wife's nightstand gun is a S&W M&P 9C with Streamlight TLR-3.

So,my question to all of you H&K owners is,what do you think of the UTL that H&K sell(or use to sell)?

Regards,
DAT85

gtmtnbiker98
06-12-2010, 06:49
The current offerings from SF and SL are a lot better than the UTL, IMO.

DAT85
06-12-2010, 07:48
The current offerings from SF and SL are a lot better than the UTL, IMO.

Thanks for the response!
In what way do you feel the UTL to be not as good as the current SF or SL products?
Less lumens?
Too large?
Not as durable?

Thanks,
DAT85

Glockdude1
06-12-2010, 08:32
In case you need/want any more 18rd magazines. $40 each.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?124762-WTS-Used-18-Rnd-HK-USP-9-Mag(s)-40-ea.
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4309/dsc08777a.jpg

The seller has 12 left.

Just passing along the info.

:cool:

DAT85
06-12-2010, 09:30
In case you need/want any more 18rd magazines. $40 each.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?124762-WTS-Used-18-Rnd-HK-USP-9-Mag(s)-40-ea.
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4309/dsc08777a.jpg

The seller has 12 left.

Just passing along the info.

Thanks for the heads up!!!:wavey:
When it comes in I will probably get 2-3 more.
That price is even cheaper than CDNN's .
DAT85

Glockdude1
06-12-2010, 09:32
Post a range report/pics when you get your new HK.

Chowser
06-12-2010, 11:20
The UTL is basically a rebadged Insight Tech M2 light. It's old tech, but it will serve it's purpose. I recently bought a USP Compact .45 and will be getting the Streamlight TLR-3 light for it.

H&K 4 LIFE
06-12-2010, 15:03
If you want to use any light other then the UTL on your USP, it will require the use of a rail adapter. Those made by GG&G are widely considered to be the best and most cost effective option among HK aficionados. This mount makes the pistol incompatible with most holsters made for the gun, but seeing as you are using it as a nightstand gun this is a complete non-issue.

The UTL uses a Xenon bulb, which is now considered to be less desirable then the newer lights featuring LED's. Lights with LED's produce more lumens, are more durable, and have longer battery/lamp life.

If you are getting the UTL with the package, then what the heck, use it until you want something brighter. The Surefire X-300/400 are defiantly the cream of the crop. :)

DAT85
06-12-2010, 16:21
Thanks for all of the info guys!

As far as the UTL is concerned,it was part of the package.I have a Streamlight on my wife's M&P 9c and have used other lights so I appreciate the info on the adapter for the rail.

Now,as far as the pistol goes,I went into the shop were I work on Saturdays and it was sitting there waiting for me.
This pistol was advertised as used,but I"ll be dammed if it has had more than a couple of rounds through it.The LEM trigger is going to be interesting.As I said before,I never have owned any H&K pistols(or rifles or shotty's)and I am very impressed.It's a huge pistol and with the funnel it looks even bigger.The UTL is VERY bright for a xenon bulb so it will be just perfect for a nightstand gun.
Hopefully I can get some pics on here tomorrow,but AIM surplus wasn't kidding when they said these look like the were unissued.When I called on Thursday,they said they had 15 more in stock.
I bet they don't last long.:cool:

It may be a week before the range report comes,but I may take a "mental health"day off from work to relieve some stress.:whistling:
Regards,
DAT85

majette
06-12-2010, 21:27
make sure you practice the PROPER way to shoot with the lem trigger. once you learn it you will see it is a superior design. the long pull is a non-issue once you learn to work the reset. when first firing, the trigger pull is long and smooth with a slight stacking before it breaks. for subsequent shots you do not need to return the trigger fully forward, just practice letting it forward only enough til it resets. it is considered a combat trigger, not a match target trigger, so train for the first pull to pull the trigger quick without jerking as if it was a revolver. then work the reset for the rest of your shots until you decide to let the trigger go fully forward. also when dry firing mke sure you pull the slide slightly to the rear to precock, this simulates the slide cycling so you wont get the heavy uncocked pull.

DAT85
06-13-2010, 14:20
Majette,
Thanks for the info.Just went to the range for quick session.150 RDS (WWB 100 RDS,50 RDS AE.)
The LEM is very nice!The reset is exactly how you described.No problem with staying in the 7-8-x rings.I seem to be aiming low at 15 yds.All rds impacting slightly to the left(shooter induced without a doubt).The reset is way closer to a Glock trigger than any 1911 style handgun.Much more positive than a stock S&W M&P.

Also,if anybody is wondering what shape these "police trade in"USP that AIM is selling,I would HIGHLY advise field stripping and a de-greasing of the slide and bbl.It appears to be cosmoline packed.Other than that,the pistol was virtually new.Shipped from Middletown Oh to my shop in Cincinnati,(30 mi away)with sales tax and shipping,$760.00 total.As I work in a gunshop,no fee was charged for transfer.
Best buy in a HD handgun IMHO.:cool:

I really can't believe I never thought of buying an H&K before this.:embarassed:

DAT85

ps:I have a bunch of in-laws eating me broke right now as I type,so a few pics should be up within 24hrs.

Chonny
06-13-2010, 19:00
Tac lights look cool but take away the element of surprise.

I wish there were Crimson Trace LGs available.

DAT85
06-14-2010, 03:27
[quote=Chonny;15468965]Tac lights look cool but take away the element of surprise.

A tac light can mean the difference between a dead family member or a dead bad guy if your checking out a noise in your house at 2am

Also,walk into a completly darkened room and have someone hit you in the face with 90+ lumens in a strobe fashion and see how well you can focus your eyes.
You won't see your laser grips beam.

DAT85

majette
06-14-2010, 12:34
yes, shooting to the left is shooter induced, i did the same thing when i started with the lem. try sliding your trigger finger slightly to the right. and welcome to the world of hk, now go join hkpro.com, we will see you there.