Installed my Lasermax today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Installed my Lasermax today

Anonimo
06-11-2010, 21:46
Made a lil video just to see how it looks when aiming. I'm at a hotel ( see the old phone)

I'll take it to the range tomorrow and post my results. This thing is SUPER easy to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3AzpzxEQc

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/dallastt/DSC_0098.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/dallastt/DSC_0099-1-1.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/dallastt/DSC_0100-1.jpg

cantuckee
06-11-2010, 21:54
i started crackin up when the dog went after it, I miss that...:( guess I need to go get a new pup.

CTfam
06-11-2010, 21:58
Very nice. My friend has one in his G-26 and it's been rock solid.

Anonimo
06-11-2010, 21:59
Did you notice how I threw her off the trail? I was giggling to myself.

TSAX
06-11-2010, 22:21
The one I have has been running for 6 years just fine

RiverRatMatt
06-11-2010, 22:22
Any idea if after ~20 rounds it starts getting dirty from the powder residue? Very nice location for a laser sight, keeps the rest of the gun trim, no protrusions!

TSAX
06-11-2010, 22:37
It does get a little dirty but not too bad

beachmood
06-11-2010, 23:27
Now for some pov-video at the range ;)

Small Tony
06-12-2010, 00:11
Any idea if after ~20 rounds it starts getting dirty from the powder residue? Very nice location for a laser sight, keeps the rest of the gun trim, no protrusions!

That would be my question too. I get a lot of dirt around the front of the gun after being at the range. Does it still give a nice beam? Been thinking of getting a lasermax on G22 and also on G30sf if they make one for it.

Does the beam seem as strong as crimson?

nedfolks
06-12-2010, 02:21
I have had a LaserMax in my G27 for about a year and I love it. No malfunctions works great.

Troy106
06-12-2010, 02:48
I have this one my G26 for 7+ years and it has been great and after about 200 rounds I clean the lens

Anonimo
06-12-2010, 06:21
I'll be taking it to the range today, Excited to try it out .

Chowser
06-12-2010, 07:11
Have one of the original non-captured ones for years on my Glock 22, then when our department switched to 31s, I just moved it, and it has been running strong. Just wipe it off with a wet (as in water) patch when you are cleaning your gun to get some of the residue off.

If for some reason you take the take down lever out, make sure you put it back on in the correct direction. I had one of my guys put it on backwards and the fun ensued.
:rofl:

texas 48
06-12-2010, 20:43
That would be my question too. I get a lot of dirt around the front of the gun after being at the range. Does it still give a nice beam? Been thinking of getting a lasermax on G22 and also on G30sf if they make one for it.

Does the beam seem as strong as crimson?
Yes it does get a little dirty after a couple hundred rounds. bring a Q tip to the range and wet iy with some water and you are good to go. LM's are not as bright as CT but are more than adequate and bight enough but they pulse. The LM,s for the double recoil springs in subcompacts are noticeably less bright than the CT counterparts. LM designed them that way to save battery life and they require 4 small batteries than the models for compact and full size Glocks. I have had both on several Glocks and have found that the CT loose zero after several hundred round because the pin that hold them to the frame begins to loosen up so any change in grip pressure can Change POA. LM's are dead accurate out of the box and stay that way

Anonimo
06-15-2010, 13:33
Well I went to the range for the first time using it today. I found that I'm going to need a lot more practice. I found that most of the time I pulled a lil low and to the left. The laser points DEAD ON. It was me after pulling the trigger I must be pulling that away. I feel I have to really practice some more with this gun to have it feel right in my hands. I'm hoping this summer I'll be able to take some classes.

Anonimo
06-15-2010, 13:54
Now for some pov-video at the range ;)

I tired with my iphone. It did not come out very well.

RayB
06-15-2010, 20:39
Well I went to the range for the first time using it today. I found that I'm going to need a lot more practice. I found that most of the time I pulled a lil low and to the left. The laser points DEAD ON. It was me after pulling the trigger I must be pulling that away. I feel I have to really practice some more with this gun to have it feel right in my hands. I'm hoping this summer I'll be able to take some classes.

No need to sight down the barrel--just dry-fire practice at home, and refine your trigger technique! ;)

--Ray

Anonimo
06-15-2010, 20:50
No need to sight down the barrel--just dry-fire practice at home, and refine your trigger technique! ;)

--Ray

I've been working on that as well. I want to make it second nature. So far though I'm loving the gun!

DBake
06-28-2010, 21:28
How do these fit in holsters?

RayB
06-30-2010, 13:30
How do these fit in holsters?

The guide rod lasers fit most holsters with no issues, however, some people have reported accidental activation, which drains the batteries, and can attract unwanted attention. I know the Serpa holsters have had issues, along with some CCW holsters.

LaserMax will sometimes offer a different activation lever (slide lock) to alleviate the problem.

Another GT member drilled a strategically placed hole in his holster, as a quick and effective fix.

--Ray

mikegun
07-14-2010, 15:48
i had one in my g27,it caused the gun to jam up, not good this due to faulty recoil spring according to the maker i got a refund...

Anonimo
07-23-2010, 06:03
The guide rod lasers fit most holsters with no issues, however, some people have reported accidental activation, which drains the batteries, and can attract unwanted attention. I know the Serpa holsters have had issues, along with some CCW holsters.

LaserMax will sometimes offer a different activation lever (slide lock) to alleviate the problem.

Another GT member drilled a strategically placed hole in his holster, as a quick and effective fix.

--Ray

I've tried to make this happen and can't. I have a Blackhawk, C-Tac , cheap paddle holster I converted for my backpack, and an uncle mikes. None of them have turned it on.

Anonimo
07-28-2010, 20:19
Today I turned the lasermax on and tried to holster it in my blackhawk.

would not go in.

I hope that helps some people.

Ryan

Atomic Punk
07-28-2010, 21:44
i have not had any holster issues with mine. but after it had been installed for about a year the plastic piece in the middle of the take down lever popped out of mine and my wifes.
i called lazermax and they got some replacements in the mail, had them in a few days. after the phone call i used some gorilla glue to put it back in and shaved it back flush with a razor. actually worked real well and has stayed put. so i have some extras now just in case.

8541/9999
08-02-2010, 07:01
Anonino which holster we have special slide locks to fit the Blackhawk CQC series holsters

Bill Lumberg
08-02-2010, 09:50
We were unable to induce any sort of malfunction when we TE'd a lasermax internal. Flawless, no holster problems were identified either.