STI Rogue questions??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : STI Rogue questions???

h&kbama
06-12-2010, 08:20
I recently picked up a slightly used STI Rogue 9mm. Love this gun!!! With that being said, I need a little help with a few things. 1. I have seen (2) different factory OEM magazines listed for this pistol; one shows to be an STI Rogue/LS9 magazine and the other is an officer's model 9mm mag-both from STI, but what's the difference? 2. The factory magazine that came with the pistol is made by Metalform and protrudes about 1/8" of an inch when fully seated in the gun? Why is this? I sent STI tech support an e-mail a couple days ago, but they haven't responded as of yet. Anyone out there have a Rogue? Anyone know why STI stopped making the Rogue? Any useful information is appreciated. Thanks.

bac1023
06-12-2010, 08:26
I recently picked up a slightly used STI Rogue 9mm. Love this gun!!! With that being said, I need a little help with a few things. 1. I have seen (2) different factory OEM magazines listed for this pistol; one shows to be an STI Rogue/LS9 magazine and the other is an officer's model 9mm mag-both from STI, but what's the difference? 2. The factory magazine that came with the pistol is made by Metalform and protrudes about 1/8" of an nch when fully seated in the gun? Why is this? I sent STI tech support an e-mail a couple days ago, but they haven't responded as of yet. Anyone out there have a Rogue? Anyone know why STI stopped making the Rogue? Any useful information is appreciated. Thanks.

I'll look into the rest of this, but STI introduces and discontinues 1911s on a regular basis, to be honest.

h&kbama
06-12-2010, 11:06
Thx Bac1023. Let me know if you find any info on the magazines for the Rogue. Be safe yall.

h&kbama
06-16-2010, 10:44
I finally figured it out yall. The mag that STI sent with my Rogue is actually an officer's model magazine (that is why it sticks out 1/8th of an inch). The Rogue or LS magazine is a tad shorter. Wilson Sentinel mags will fit in the Rogue, but they stick out some. Wilson standard 9mm Sentinel mags are 8 rounders instead of the 7 rounder that came with the gun. I'm sure they'll function just fine. According to STI the Rogue does have a following, but slow sales led to the Rogue being discontinued. Hope this information helps someone else out there in cyber-land. Be safe.

h&kbama
06-18-2010, 17:24
I got the Sentinel mags in the mail. They are 8 rounders and stick out just a tad further than the officer mag that came with gun. I'm hoping they will work/cycle just fine (I've not had a bit of trouble out of the Wilson mags I have owned in the past). Just wanted to spread the info. Yall be safe.

Chonny
06-19-2010, 21:08
Ive noticed they have axed some models.

The VIP I ordered is the only compact double stack, I better stock up on mags before they discontinue it again.

Firewire
03-12-2011, 23:17
I got the Sentinel mags in the mail. They are 8 rounders and stick out just a tad further than the officer mag that came with gun. I'm hoping they will work/cycle just fine (I've not had a bit of trouble out of the Wilson mags I have owned in the past). Just wanted to spread the info. Yall be safe.

Can you give us an update on this old thread? I am ready to pull the trigger on some more mags. Just trying to decide on uping the round count to 8 with Wilson Sentinel or just sticking with the oem.

Thanks for any updated input you can give!