Interesting shooting today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting shooting today

Aiden
06-12-2010, 15:12
So I went to the range today with my shooting buddy, and his uncle was tagging along this time to see how the newly acquired SKS was shooting. I brought along my Kimber with both the .22lr slide and the .45acp slide.

Upon learning I was shooting a .45, my buddy's uncle dug out several boxes of old .45 he owned from when he owned one (now sold). Among the 13 year old hardball ammo was some Corbon 165gr +P jacketed hollowpoints, with an advertised velocity of almost 1300FPS. He gave me a good price, and I bought the lot of it.

--

Started the day shooting the .22lr slide. This time around I loaded some Federal bulk pack to see if my Kimber would like it, since I'm buying a ST-22 AR it'd be nice to use the bulk pack for both the Kimber and the rifle.

Federals shot decently well, fairly accurate, but one failure to extract out of about 140 rounds. Aguila interceptors and Winchester Super X still shot great.

Since today was going to be a short range day, I stopped at 240 rounds of .22 and swapped in the .45 slide and loaded up some of the old hardball ammo.

Interesting experience, shooting ammo that more than half my age, but the hardball ammo fed perfectly, even tried to force a malfunction and it worked fine.

Next up, a couple of the 165gr +Ps. Only loaded a couple of them, but damn if they didn't give me a ringing in my ears, even with plugs and muffs on. My buddy said I should use em for home defense, but they're likely to go through the BG, my walls, my neighbor's walls, and into the next house.

All in all, it was a good day. Picked up some cheap .45 and got some trigger time with friends.