DoubleTap shipping policies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DoubleTap shipping policies

Sheepdog Scout
06-12-2010, 17:09
Granted, I'm new to ordering ammo online. (Georigia Arms was super fast and easy to do). I placed an order for a few different rounds of 10mm on DT website on 6/3. Since then it has said "pending". I decided to wander around their site and in their shipping/return area and another area it said that you "per Federal guidelines"whatever, you had to send/email/fax/mail/ them a note saying you can legally buy ammo and that you have to send a copy of a "Government Issued" ID to them before your first order is shipped.

This is gonna sound stupid, but is this true and have you all had to do this? It's on the site, so I would think it would be true, but I'm annoyed if that's the case, cause I recieved two emails from them (a welcome and a order processing one) and it didn't mention anything about this. No other website that sells ammo that I looked at requried/asked for any of this.:dunno:I suppose I understand that they do this, but it should be on the front page or something.

Grrrr
06-12-2010, 18:03
I placed my order and it arrived in about a week and a half. I didn't have to do anything else.

Sigarmed 1
06-12-2010, 19:29
I had to do the same thing when I ordered from The Hunting Shack last time.

Sheepdog Scout
06-12-2010, 19:30
Maybe they just don't enforce their own rule.

Maybe they don't have updated inventory or something. But if it was instock, it should have shipped by now. I'll be calling them Monday to see what's up

texas 48
06-12-2010, 21:12
Maybe they just don't enforce their own rule.

Maybe they don't have updated inventory or something. But if it was instock, it should have shipped by now. I'll be calling them Monday to see what's up

Good luck getting them to answer the phone. IMO DT has lost it in the last 18 months. They have zero customer service. I was a customer for years and spent a lot of money with them but won't got back for a number of reasons posted already on this forum. DT is no longer a reliable supplier IMO.

Ak.Hiker
06-13-2010, 00:21
I have never had a problem with receiving my orders from DT. They could be behind on production on one of the items you ordered.

freakshow10mm
06-13-2010, 01:25
I'll have to look up the specific statute but federal law states ammunition manufacturers must validate the age of the recipient of their ammunition by a government issued picture identification document. Some put it on the site as a feel good measure, others simply don't care.

why
06-16-2010, 09:05
I used to order from DT regularly. Something has gone Way wrong over there the last couple of years and I no longer buy from them.

cowboywannabe
06-16-2010, 15:47
other than using "el cheapo" montana gold bullets in place of good gold dots and golden sabres, and other than actual velocities being 150 fps slower than advertised, whats wrong with DT?

Cicero
06-30-2010, 12:20
I ordered a box of the new Barnes 125gr 10mm rounds at 10:35 this morning. I had a confirmation email at 10:37 and a shipping notice at 10:45. DT has always had great service, and I've been very happy with the product. Although I hope they've fixed the montana gold problem by now.

I had to fax them a copy of my drivers license with my first order.

Ak.Hiker
07-01-2010, 01:01
I tested out some DT 10mm 200 grain FMJ's loaded with Montana Gold bullets. Their FMJ's are top quality.

Sheepdog Scout
07-15-2010, 00:55
Well, I never sent my DL info and all the other stuff they wanted (per the website). But 2 days ago, I get an email saying that my order had shipped. All honesty, I kinda forgot about my order (stuff musta been outta stock).

I'll try out the stuff I bought, (just 200 rounds of two types of loads) but unless I'm very impressed w/ the stuff, I probably won't buy from them again. I never got around to calling them, but they didn't answer my emails. Not one.

I don't know if they're using Montana Gold or some other bullet now, but why are some people so negative about MG bullets? I'm just curious.

SonnyD
07-15-2010, 13:21
I've been meaning to order some more. I've always had good luck with
them. I believe I did send a photo copy of my DL but I'm not sure.
Got my order last time within a week after I ordered.
Regards Sonny

Cicero
07-16-2010, 00:42
Well, I never sent my DL info and all the other stuff they wanted (per the website). But 2 days ago, I get an email saying that my order had shipped. All honesty, I kinda forgot about my order (stuff musta been outta stock).

I'll try out the stuff I bought, (just 200 rounds of two types of loads) but unless I'm very impressed w/ the stuff, I probably won't buy from them again. I never got around to calling them, but they didn't answer my emails. Not one.

I don't know if they're using Montana Gold or some other bullet now, but why are some people so negative about MG bullets? I'm just curious.

I guess I don't really see what the problem is. I've made 10-12 orders from them in the last few years, every one has been shipped fine. When I had a question on 3 orders I called and got someone on the phone immediately who gave great customer service. And all orders arrived.

On the MG bullets, the complaint seems to be that these are actually target bullets, not true hollowpoints. I dealt with this concern by buying the barnes bullets since there's no way to fake those. And I agree that the substitution is a major concern that the company needs to publicly address.

vaquero aleman
07-16-2010, 14:57
I had to do just as you described before they would ship me my order. Don't know how these other guys squeeked through. Although DT is the only company that has asked me for ID.

MichiganShooter
07-16-2010, 20:19

It isn't about Montana Gold bullets per se. It is that DT started out selling rounds made with the highest quality components. It helped them build a great reputation. Now they are selling a completely unknown bullet for more than they used to sell Gold Dots with the extremely cynical view that we will not notice. I used to root for DT and buy their stuff exclusively. But not anymore. Lives actually depend upon bullet performance. That is why a shooter has to trust his ammunition maker. When DT did a bait and switch, it got me looking for someone else.

Together with the whole velocity issue and the humongous price increases, I have moved my business.

cheez
07-19-2010, 20:31
I ordered two boxes of 180 gr controled expansion this morning. By mid afternoon DT e-mailed me that my ammo had been shipped and they sent me the tracking number. I did nothing but give them my name address and credit card number. Pretty good service if you ask me.:banana: