How to Connect a non-USB Printer to a Computer via USB? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to Connect a non-USB Printer to a Computer via USB?

dglockster
06-12-2010, 17:10
My only printer is an HP Laserjet 4200n model (this is an older printer with no USB ports). Is there a way to connect the printer via USB to my computer so it can be shared by my wife’s computer using the iConnect wireless data station by Iomega? My wife's computer operates off our wireless cable modem.

rjrivero
06-12-2010, 17:17
You can get a serial to USB conversion cable. Belkin makes one and it is available at Office Depot or Office Max. I don't remember where I got mine.

IndyGunFreak
06-12-2010, 18:10
My only printer is an HP Laserjet 4200n model (this is an older printer with no USB ports). Is there a way to connect the printer via USB to my computer so it can be shared by my wife’s computer using the iConnect wireless data station by Iomega? My wife's computer operates off our wireless cable modem.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=381274&CatId=471

dglockster
06-12-2010, 21:28
Thanks to both of you. That appears to be what I was looking for.

Update: the cable arrived and works great.

Wonder if the Iomega iConnect will work with a non-native USB printer that is now functioning via USB? If so, I could do a wireless connection and give my wife the capability of printing from her computer.