4 Calibers, one GLOCK! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 4 Calibers, one GLOCK!

SimonovsDog
06-12-2010, 19:15
I finally broke down and bought a 357sig and 40S&W barrel for my M20. I already have LWD 9x25dillon, Bar-Sto std 10mm, and LWD 6in 10mm barrels. I chose the 2 port 357sig barrel from Storm Lake, and a std 40S&W from KKM. I wanted a little variety. I have more money wrapped up in the barrels than in the gun itself! :embarassed: Oh well, it's only money. They make more of it everyday!:upeyes:

_The_Shadow
06-12-2010, 23:18
My you do have a varity of choices...I wish my LWD 9x25 was longer(damn stock length) for my G-29, I feel the performance would be much better for this potent cartridge. BTW, 4 cartridges from the same feel apeal pistol just makes sense to me!

It would be nice if you ran a target test of each from a rest for best accuracy comparison.

527varmint
06-13-2010, 12:17
now you need the AA kit. Love mine, runs like a top! Who can afford to shoot the real deal all day? Even if you reload its alot of time to load 500 rounds. 500 rounds at walmart for 18 bucks is awesome I shoot em off till my trigger finger gets so sore I can't take it anymore.

yongxingfreesty
06-13-2010, 12:19
ive had this done before, its pretty sweet.

g27 w/ 357sig, 9mm, and .22lr.

SimonovsDog
06-13-2010, 17:36
It would be nice if you ran a target test of each from a rest for best accuracy comparison.

Good idea! I may just do that.

Deep Nylon
06-14-2010, 09:04
Can you give us a report on how POI changes (if any) with each different barrel?

SimonovsDog
06-14-2010, 19:10
The KKM .40 barrel arrived in the mail today. It's a real beauty. The fit and finish look flawless. It drops in perfect; like a glove, just not O.J.'s glove! Ha!:whistling: It actually looks nicer than my Bar-Sto barrel, but not by much. The only miniscule complaint I have about the KKM barrel, is the fact they marked it: 10mm-40S&W on the top of the chamber. I showed it to a friend and the first thing he said was, "So, you can shoot both 10mm and 40 S&W in that barrel?" A newbie to the wide world of Glock conversions might screw up with a barrel marked for two calibers. I'm sure KKM meant it as 10mm to 40S&W, or something like that. Anyway, I can't wait for Friday so I can try it out. I will post some POI data when I can. I can tell you, the Bar-Sto 10mm barrel is dead on. I haven't shot the LWD barrels much. The Storm Lake 357sig barrel won't be ready until early July. I figure since it's ported, it must be special order. The KKM was a stock item, so it shipped immediately.

why
06-16-2010, 09:02
I finally broke down and bought a 357sig and 40S&W barrel for my M20. I already have LWD 9x25dillon, Bar-Sto std 10mm, and LWD 6in 10mm barrels. I chose the 2 port 357sig barrel from Storm Lake, and a std 40S&W from KKM. I wanted a little variety. I have more money wrapped up in the barrels than in the gun itself! :embarassed: Oh well, it's only money. They make more of it everyday!:upeyes:
Amazing isnt it. Only a Witness can do as many calibers.
+1 on getting that 22LR AA.

grendelbane
06-19-2010, 21:39
Amazing isnt it. Only a Witness can do as many calibers.
+1 on getting that 22LR AA.

Seems like you are forgetting about the Colt Delta Elite. Its not the best platform for the 357 SIG, but I finally got mine to work reasonably well. I have fired it as a 10mm, (obviously), .40 S&W, 357 SIG, .38 Super, and 9x19mm. A 9x25 Dillon barrel would be a great idea. 9mm and .38 Super are both a little sloppy fit in the breech face, but no problems so far.

My Ceiner .22 conversion kit won't fit with the regular ejector in place, but that is not a major stumbling block.

Hey, a barrel could even be chambered for the 9mm Browing Long. That would feed well out of the 9mm magazines. Probably require about a #10 recoil spring, though.

SimonovsDog
07-01-2010, 21:20
Little update on my barrels: I finally received my 357sig barrel from Storm Lake. It's extended with two(2) ports. I must say, I'm not too impressed with this one. The mill work looks second rate at best. I took it to work and let our Tool and Die guy look it over. He said it looked like a rush job. I did receive it earlier than the shipping date quoted by Storm Lake, which was July 3. The shotty mill work isn't the bad part. At 25yds, the point-of-impact is about three feet below point-of-aim. At 7yds, the POI is about 8in below POA. I'm shooting Speer Lawman 125gr TMJ. I realize some of the low POI could be the 10mm sights, but should it really be that low? What do you all think? Should I shoot it more? Maybe it need a good break-in. Or, should I contact Storm Lake. Their return policy states they don't take returns due to accuracy issues. Maybe it's the two ports. Maybe they were milled after the bore was rifled. I'm having a hard time believing this is a "Match Grade" barrel.

527varmint
07-04-2010, 11:59
send it back tell them the machine work blows your totaly not happy with the barrel. Too many good barrels out there to stick with a lemon. I mean even my cheap LWD 40 conversion barrel shoots to the same POI approximately and works good.

SimonovsDog
07-04-2010, 14:39
Yeah, I think I'm gonna send this one back for sure.